• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    My brother's hard drive has arrived. First thing I notice is that the label over the screw had been picked off. I message him to say "did you take the cover off?" Turns out he did, on the instruction of some YouTube pleb to see if the read head was stuck to the platter.

Comment

Been raining here off and on; quite heavily at times. I believe we should now be safe for a few hours though, after which it'll rain through the night and probably through tomorrow too

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        Entertainment:

Oak Island nutjobbery: S8 E5: "The Master Plan".

NCIS S17 E13 "Sound Off".

In other news, it's pissing down, with, so far as I understand it, no intention of stopping this side of Noah's Ark.
        Well that's fecking irritating: No Signal Received on any of the 4 sat receivers, had to fall back to Freeview which I only use when pressed.

Signal is back to "normal" now, half an hour after the programme started and 20 minutes after I switched to Freeview.

21:46: it's stopped raining & the sat signal is back to normal.

Which presumably means that the rivers in the gutters of the road have gone down a little.

Just as well I cleared the grids up the hill this morning.

In other other news: just wandered around the estate to see if those old security lights still work: the result: yes, apart from one that blew the bulb as soon as it came on, and another where the bulb has disintegrated.

And they all went off again afterwards.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 4 October 2021, 22:33.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Tea: ribs and chips, and very nice too

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Well that's fecking irritating: No Signal Received on any of the 4 sat receivers, had to fall back to Freeview which I only use when pressed.

Signal is back to "normal" now, half an hour after the programme started and 20 minutes after I switched to Freeview.
            Probably Facebook satellites

Comment

Heavy rain here, kinda matches the rain in Silent Witness.

Finished watching last night’s Ridley Road which probably has a few here up in arms.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The rain had the good grace to stop about half an hour before we were due to go out.

Dinner was courtesy of Balans on Old Compton Road followed by a stroll around the corner to the Curzon on Shaftesbury Avenue.

I'm glad I made the effort to see The Green Knight at the cinema as I don't think I would have paid proper attention if watched at home. I would have done something else with it on in the background. It's very much a visual film with very little dialogue. The landscapes also favour a big screen viewing (although the Curzon is a small screen when compared to many nowadays).

Comment

Telly has been a bit of Traffic Cops and then the latest episode of Ambulance, in which they move up the coast from Liverpool to Blackpool for a change

Raining steadily again

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
                    Last night’s rain stopped just after midnight and the sky cleared for a while. We’ve got a big sky at this house. It’s amazing.

Blue skies with light cloud now.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Signs of overnight rain* on the ground but clear blue sky this morning. Currently 11 degrees with a high of 14 expected. Cloud cover due to increase as the day progresses with a slight chance of rain this afternoon.

*There was a heck of a lot of overnight rain, keeping me awake between about 3 and 4 am. I even got up at about 3.45 am to check my flat wasn't flooding. Needless to say, I'm a bit tired this morning

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
                      'Goodbye Yellow Brick Road' the seventh album by Elton John is released 1973

Comment

Working...
                      X