• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning denizens

Had a very restful night's sleep. I didn't set any alarms, and it appears my natural tendency is to wake up after about seven-and-a-half hours, realise I don't need to get up if I don't want to, then snooze for another half-hour

The overnight rain has ceased and it's quite sunny right now, though it seems we can expect cloud soon and more rain from around noon. Not very warm out: currently 10°C, no better than 12° expected, barometers distinctly down at 988/996mB

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Goodnight all
      Ok, alert! NF going to bed before 05:00!

Morning.

UnDry: Wet wet wet wet wet.

UnSunny: Sunless.

Grey.

Cold at 16.7 deg in here.

999 mBar, 29.5 in Hg, 749.3 Torr, 73% RH.

Tuesday.

Thanks to Bozo Bunter the fat owl of the remove appearing on R4, I saved much electricity by shutting the useless fecker off with extreme prejudice.

Apparently Bunter was told to STFU and stop talking.

TV Times purchased.

Walk (abbreviated) walked.

Looks like someone (probably Doug from down the road) was busy yesterday evening clearing the drains of the detritus washed down by the previously mentioned rivers in the gutters.

It'd be helpful if more of the drains were cleared of accumulated rubbish, weeds, & grass.

One can appreciate why "Brook House" is so called.

Especially if you look at the 1880ish OS map.

Doug, by the by, lives very close to the lowest point in the road & has the advantage of 3 roads converging.

The gully sucker has been around doing its thing, not before time.

Lunch: Heinz pea & ham soup with Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, bramble jelly sandwich on same, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

House roughly vacced. Wish I hadn't washed that filter, it make the damn thing more difficult to push around.

Some minor potching done in the garage.

Tea: Tesco breaded haddock, some tinned pears, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Robert Mitchum.

Joy of Painting: with the usual effect.

Atomic Age Declassified on Smithsonian.

Dementia and Us.

Feck me this is happy: poor sod with inherited dementia, his dad died at 43.

Unfortunate lady with PCA dementia, the thing that killed Terry Pratchett.

The Rookie. Barely adequate but fills an hour.

Bad Skin Clinic: this one is kids with bad skin, rather upsetting.

One has Chronic mucocutaneous candidiasis, which he inherited from his mother.

A boy with a keloid scar from a hot cup of tea.

A girl with psoriasis. Very bubbly.

Blew up a power supply today. Ho hum.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 5 October 2021, 22:45.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Ok, alert! NF working for a living has changed you going to bed before 05:00!

FTFY
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Anyone know how easy it is to get planning permission in Devon?
          Architect is about to submit the plans for our garage, we've reduced the footprint to about 56m2 , she thinks it will go through OK
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

On a call with the client's information architect complaining they don't know what the information architecture is for our project and how the rest of the project members should be providing them with the details.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              Anyone know how easy it is to get planning permission in Devon?
              Architect is about to submit the plans for our garage, we've reduced the footprint to about 56m2 , she thinks it will go through OK
              Not enough information to give you an answer.

Now an exact OS location and someone who knows will be able to give you sane advice but that is what you should have paid your architect to do.

Do the council offer (paid for) pre-application advice?
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                On a call with the client's information architect complaining they don't know what the information architecture is for our project and how the rest of the project members should be providing them with the details.
                Tis always the way - we want someone else to do our work.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I'm also doing comms work because the comms person is a right PITA. I have put out my stall, told the PM there will be arguments and that he needs to back my approach.

Comment

The conversation on the call has moved onto things that I'm not especially interested in so now I'm contemplating what to have for (late) breakfast.

Comment

Ooh... did I? Have I?

Comment

Working...
                      X