• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all
    Windy, overcast and cold out. It was even trying to rain on our morning walk.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

My PC's started making that annoying whirring noise on start up. Only does it when temperature is below 18. Winter is here.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Morning.

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Dire.

Wet. Very wet.

Sunless.

Cold at 16.6 deg in here.

1015 mBar, 29.97 in Hg, 761.3 Torr, 74% RH.

Thursday.

The electrick blanket went back on the bed last night.

Feet warmed up a lot faster.

Walk unwalked due to deluge (horizontal version, it being windy like).

Lunch: Heinz lentil & ham soup with Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, bramble jelly sandwich on same, yellow corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: NZ Border Patrol: honey smuggling from Saudi, skink & gecko smuggling out of NZ, unwell woman, suspect drug ingestion, lots of medicine for stomach problems in her luggage, lots of Chinese medicine confiscated by MAFF.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the semigale and intermittently rainy horizontal rain.

I'm sure those windmills are spinning like crazy today.

Unless, of course, it's too windy.

A small flock of swifts/swallows was observed busily feeding over one particular field.

Sounds like the chaos at Ye Newe Sloughe of Desponde has reached previously unheard of levels of "what the feck?"

Being taken over by the tosspots in Carmarthen was oh such a good idea.

Not.

Tea: chilli con carne with rice (a rather good batch judging by this sample), some fruit cocktail, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Ginger Rogers. She did everything that Fred Astaire did, but she did it backwards in high heels.

Great British Railway Journeys: Liverpool: Frank Hornby & Meccano.

Joy of Painting. Om. <- Usual effect achieved.

Looking for Mr Bond.

Skin A&E.

Unidentified: inside America's UFO investigation: The Triangle Mystery on Blaze.

More UFO nonsense.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 30 September 2021, 20:38.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Ah, crap. Can I just do a few hours tomorrow morning?

Oh well, it's all money in the bank

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Ah, crap. Can I just do a few hours tomorrow morning?

Oh well, it's all money in the bank
            Ooh. Careful, that's a slippery slope...

Comment

The chance of rain has dropped from 70% to 50% and, other than the few spits of rain this morning, there is no rain due until early evening now.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Ooh. Careful, that's a slippery slope...
                Thanks to the agency -> consultancy -> end client chain, they can't really get me to do any more - they're limited on the amount they can bill onwards to the end client, and my timesheet runs out today so I'm having to stick it down as being last weekend anyway, to avoid the agency wondering just how we squeezed 1.5 days into one day, assuming the timesheet system even allows that

Comment

Lunch was a cheese and ham toastie, after Ocado delivered the ingredients

Comment

Lunch was chicken, tomato and lentil soup, accompanied by the last slice each of wholemeal and multiseed bread

I'm almost completely out of bread now, but I'm making a daytime trip to Sainsbury's tomorrow no matter what

Comment

Breakfast was potato cakes and bacon.
                      Lunch - Mr V's Broccoli & Stilton soup.
                      Afternoon snack - 2 fig rolls.

One had to pity the vendor when the grown ups subjected him to 4 hours of them arguing amongst themselves as they had no idea what they want or even the hint of a plan. I had to turn off my Camera & mic so they didn't see me alternately laughing & crying.
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X