• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

…and done

All wrapped up, and timesheets submitted

The last big thing was a handover of the QuickSight work to the people who'll maintain it. I wish them well of it

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      …and done

The last big thing was a handover of the QuickSight work to the people who'll maintain it. I wish them well of it

Comment

Walk with loony lady 2 then ages showing her, yet again, how to update the little art website I made for her. How many times does one have to tell her to scroll down to the bottom of the edit page and click Submit? Don't do techy things for non-techy people!
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Shopping done

The car didn't start, which was expected as it had been a couple of weeks, but it almost had enough juice left for it

So off to Sainsbury's after the now-traditional trip down the M69 and back

A lot more people without masks these days; mostly older people and shop workers sticking with them

Anyway, now I can finally have lunch

Comment

A tray bake of chicken thigh and potatoes and random veg that needed using up has been made. Enough there to last me a goodly while so I may freeze a few portions once I've had my dinner from it.

Comment

Bread purchases processed, freezer restocked

The wholemeal baps and the teacakes have been transferred to suitable bags. And the large sesame bloomer and large wholemeal loaf have had chunky end bits taken off for use with soup and scouse, while the more evenly-sized middle regions were run through the slicer for toast, butties, and so on

Comment

Oh, and lunch (rather late) was pâté on sesame bloomer toast

Comment

Breakfast was pasta & feta salad. With roast chicken. nice & filling

Lunch was teriaki chicken - tasty

Went out and bought a shed load of Lidl battery tools

I now own
                  a big battery angle grinder very sexy.
                  leaf blower - small enough for the shop.
                  torch - sad I know but bright and uses the same rechargeable batteries.
                  soldering iron it was £12 and to be fair its growing on me, the times i need to solder something but there is no plug...

previous purchases
                  orbital sander - bliss its horrible sanding with a cable.
                  sabre saw - my favourite battery toy
                  branch saw. - bye bye eucalyptus!
                  a shed load (10) of batteries on reduced at £5 a pop.
                  Decent drill - my Hitachi is nearly dead after 12 years.

future

impact driver
                  sds drill

Note i have multiple cable versions of all of these but ... battery!

now I just need to find space !!

Dinner will be meatloaf & red wine.(Merlot)
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    …and done

so normal posting times (after midnight) will resume?

Congrats Nick!

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Originally posted by vetran View Post

so normal posting times (after midnight) will resume?

Congrats Nick!
                      Cheers, folks!

It didn't turn out too badly for an initial three-week contract

And we never did do any maps stuff in the end; my maps experience was supposedly one of the things that swung it for me in the first place

Comment

Working...
                      X