• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Evening all

For some reason, I typed the post this morning and never actually posted it.

So, this morning it was cloudy with flecks of grey, some rain forecast, barometer steady.

The day turned out to be rain, rain, rain.

Busy day at the coal face. Disappointed it was only Tuesday. Now it's nearly not Tuesday.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Tonight at 20:00 on Yesterday, a new series of Secrets of the London Underground is starting with a look around the deep shelters under Camden Town
    Thanks for the tip off. I'll pick it up on catch up.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      Just accidentally booked flights to Florence in October - what a shame..
      I haven't been to Florence since 1992.

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey start, with some light rain having just arrived though it doesn't seem to have lingered. Currently 12°C with 18° expected, and the barometers are roughly the same at 997/1004mB

I had a reasonably decent night's sleep but awoke to a general feeling of tiredness suffusing my frame, so rather similar to yesterday. Covid test negative again, so that's something I suppose

Comment

Morning all

Cloudy but bright. Windy. Dry, albeit damp from overnight rain, with no rain forecast. Currently 14 degrees with a high of 20 expected. Barometer down a bit to 1011 mBar.

Tired today. Not looking forward to whatever the day is going to be bringing.

Comment

Florence? Florence?

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            TFBSZ

Morning.

Wednesday.

Dry.

Wanly sunny.

Cool in here at 19 deg, 20 deg in the kitchen, 18 deg in the leanto.

1008 mBar, 29.76622 in Hg, 756.1 Torr, 14.62 psi, (up from 1005 last night), 68% RH (GDR hair), 63% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 24th of June 2019 nothing of note seemed to have occurred, though Phil the Greek made a post.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on toast, bramble jelly & marmalade on slices of toast, yellow corner yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: thing about Garbo (Pujol rather than "I vant to be alone"). Y&Y until it went <click> due to lack of innerest.

Shopping trip to Aldi done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away.

Entertainment: Trucking Hell S2 E8. No Rory. It was the one with the overloaded flatbed carrying concrete blocks.

Tea: chicken in white sauce with rice n peas, a yog, some apricot halves, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM.

Joy of Painting. The was sufficiently strong in this one for a barn to suddenly appear in the painting. .

Joy of Painting. Lots of trees in this one. No barn though.

Bad Skin Clinic? repeat. Can't find anything else. The WWWC waffling on about reincarnation led rapidly to <click>.

Dr Pimple Popper? S4 E2: haven't seen this one before: chap with lipoma on his head and a 11 year old daughter going on 40, woman with track marks on her arms: lasered to reduce the colour, woman with a "lipoma" on her buttock caused by falling down stairs: obviously some sort of lune: strips naked in the examination room. . Not a lipoma, liposuction to reduced the lump.

Back in the day when I started using the train to & from work, on one memorable evening there were a couple of women comparing track marks and abscesses on their arms.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 5 July 2023, 21:59.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Bright and sunny start to the day. It's going to be a hot one.

Boy's off swimming with his mum. Dog's asleep. House nice and quiet.

Bought a couple of Devolo homeplugs off that eBay thing yesterday. One to replace one that's broken and a spare for the next. £12. Bargain... boy's mum might not think so, but that's a conversation for another day.

Right, let's look for a job...
              ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
              Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

The forecast lied. It has rained and there's likely to be more on the way before clearing up this afternoon.

Comment

Cooler than expected. Shame, but there's hope for tomorrow.

House full once again. Popped to the shops.

Might go for a nap.

Tonight's TV will be a few more episodes of "Cypher" on Amazon Prime. Clichéd premise of encrypted hitlist of characters. Lots of gravely voices and thoughtful, pensive gazing off into the middle distance. Could do with a decent edit to remove the fat, but it's watchable. Just.

---

Former member of IPSE.

---
                  Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Just spent a couple of hours in Teams meetings. My ears do not take kindly to two hours of AirPods™ so the tinnitus is quite loud now

Still, made it through the day. Only two more before the weekend

Lunch earlier was sardine (olive oil) toasties

Still not feeling 100%, but I think I've improved slightly over the course of the day. Another early night seems likely, though

Comment

The day was not as dire as I thought it would be but I'm still not massively enthused about proceedings. 7 more working days and I'll be on holiday again.

Comment

Working...
                      X