• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tea has been one of those nice steak and caramelised onion burgers, in a sesame bun with sweet chilli sauce plus fries

The burgers were on special offer last week so I got a few extra for the freezer

And just as that was ready, I discovered that the TV people have run out of gold-digger-spinoff-repeats, so they've gone back to S1E1 of the opal hunters, a season (or series) which I haven't seen before

And before all that, I got some tidying done on the SwiftUI project, including getting previews working for all the views again. One of the cool things about SwiftUI is that you can get a live preview of your views right next to the code (and can even edit properties in the preview and have those changes immediately reflected in your code without any work on your part), but it takes a little bit of extra work for some more complex cases. So I'd disabled previews for some of the project, as I hadn't worked out how to feed suitable test data in. But now I've worked it out, with some help from one of those videos I've been watching, so it's all previewable again

Comment

Oh, and it's now looking very Simpsonesque out, but without being too hot

Comment

Further viewing has been the next episode of Forensics: The Real CSI concerning a paedophile and online groomer whose two iPhones were easier to get into than expected, because they turned out to be counterfeits, running on stock Android hardware

Still only Thursday tomorrow. I was hoping for a Friday

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny start this time, but still not unpleasantly warm, being 13°C with 21° expected later, albeit along with increased cloud. The barometers are back up a bit at 1003/1011mB

I had quite a decent night's sleep, I think, but still feel a bit run down. Gradually improving though, perhaps

Comment

Morning.

Thursday.

Wet. Torrentially wet earlier.

Grey.

Sunless.

Cool in here at 19.1 deg, 20.5 deg in the kitchen, 18.5 deg in the leanto.

1010.5 mBar, 29.84 in Hg, 757.94 Torr, 14.656 psi, (unchanged), 68% RH (GDR hair), 65% RH (Lidl electric).

Dreams seem to have involved buses, and double deckers at that. .

Meanwhile on the 25th of June 2019 covbob was watching "Snatch(2000)" with the approval of Phil the Greek.

Small hedgehog observed outside the back door last night.

Freecell score: 69%, running average: 85%.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese & baked beans, a corner yog, bramble jelly & marmalade on slices of over toasted toast, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: TWATO. The thing at 13:45. Bitcoins. .

Freecell score: 86%, running average: 85%.

The Vax cleaner just ate another belt, the one I replaced last week. Knew it wasn't the right stuff. House now stinks of melted rubber. Ho hum.

First two 10 litre buckets of apples. Oh joy. There were 100 buckets last year.

Entertainment: Trucking Hell S2 E9: the one with the bendy bus on the flatbed going to a scrapyard up a country lane. And the tarmac truck slid sideways into some armco.

Joy of Painting. the was strong in this one.

Joy of Painting. . not so strong in this.

Trucking Hell S7 E4: same old same old.

More UFO bollox on Blaze. The Truth is Out There. Honest. Dear old Tesla and zeropoint energy made an appearance.

Encounter UFO. More more UFO bollox on Blaze.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 6 July 2023, 22:17.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Bright and cool, but damp underfoot. Must have been raining last night.

Another episode of "Cypher" ticked off... would have been two, but Esp.8 (the series finale) seems to be missing. IMDB tells me that there is a series 2, but that's missing as well... this does not bode well... Amazon may have dropped it for being a bit tulip. I hate to drop out of stuff before the end, but they might have done me a favour.

I will need to find something else to watch soon.
              ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
              Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
                Bright and cool, but damp underfoot. Must have been raining last night.

Another episode of "Cypher" ticked off... would have been two, but Esp.8 (the series finale) seems to be missing. IMDB tells me that there is a series 2, but that's missing as well... this does not bode well... Amazon may have dropped it for being a bit tulip. I hate to drop out of stuff before the end, but they might have done me a favour.

I will need to find something else to watch soon.
                On the plus side, my eBay purchase has been dispatched.

Now I just need it to arrive without being seen.
                ---

Former member of IPSE.

---

---

Comment

One for Nick for next week's links

https://whynowgaming.com/the-man-who...-own-wh-smith/
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Afternoon all

Cloudy but dry and bright. It did come over a bit gloomy earlier but nothing came of it. Currently a nice and warm 19 degrees with a high of 21 expected. Low risk of rain this evening. Barometer up to 1017 mBar.

I keep going to bed too late and then being tired in the morning when it's time to get up.

Comment

Rain's back. Looks persistent. Grim.
                      ---

Former member of IPSE.

---

---

Comment

Working...
                      X