• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    FFS. Just popped out the back, and overnight the local scrotes have nicked the front number plate off the Corolla, and the back one off the Orion
    Popped up to the car parts place opposite the petrol station; new number plates obtained

Comment

I used to have an Orion, back in the day. It developed a very peculiar fault whereby the engine would cut out on approach to roundabouts. You could slow down in any other scenario and it would be fine. I got very good at bump starting it.

My brother's best mate was a mechanic and took a look at it, couldn't find a fault, assumed I was being daft. But, to his credit, he took it for a drive and exactly the same thing happened to him.

Never found out what it was, part exchanged it for something else and let it become someone else's problem.

Comment

After much effort, I have finally found somewhere that has 1 litre pots of white emulsion so I can finish off my little DIY job. Downside is that it'll take 7-10 days to be delivered.

Second bed linen load is half way to being done.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          FFS. Just popped out the back, and overnight the local scrotes have nicked the front number plate off the Corolla, and the back one off the Orion
          We await with innerest the onset of the bank robberies, speeding tickets, parking fines, & other misdemeanors.

Chap I worked with at Scantronic had his plates cloned.

Fortunately, at the time of the subsequent offence, said car was in bits in the garage (it was Italian) being repaired & miles away from where the scrotes did their dirty deeds.

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          I used to have an Orion, back in the day. It developed a very peculiar fault whereby the engine would cut out on approach to roundabouts. You could slow down in any other scenario and it would be fine. I got very good at bump starting it.
          My Chevette used to do that. I cured it by taking off the aftermarket electronic ignition & sticking the points & condenser back on.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 3 October 2021, 15:16.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

We await with innerest the onset of the bank robberies, speeding tickets, parking fines, & other misdemeanors.

Chap I worked with at Scantronic had his plates cloned.

Fortunately, at the time of the subsequent offence, said car was in bits in the garage (it was Italian) being repaired & miles away from where the scrotes did their dirty deeds.
            I thought about that, but I wish them good luck trying to pass unnoticed by ANPR with different front and rear plates - front being a Y reg, rear a G

I'm pretty certain it's the junkies who've taken to using that area since the locks on the gates have been knackered, very possibly targeting me because I chivvy them away when I catch them out there. Seems odd that both my cars got done while the five other cars parked out there last night, either right next to them or within a few yards, were left alone

Comment

Raining a bit from time to time now

Meanwhile, a towel wash is on

Comment

The forecast rain that was due to last all afternoon comprised a light shower that commenced just before 3pm and lasted about 10 minutes. It's been a nice day otherwise.

Took a walk up to Waitrose wherein a fresh supply of haddock fish fingers was procured, along with other essentials.

The parentals called and we discussed the relative petrol supplies - they topped up easily enough in preparation for a trip to Shrewsbury next weekend. Apparently supplies in the midlands are more plentiful and a refill for the journey home will not be hard to obtain. I have yet to venture out to ascertain the situation locally but my Dad did mention there was a petrol station in Chelsea that was charging £3 a litre, the robbing gits.

Comment

Tea has been chicken, tomato and lentil soup with wholemeal bread

The weather seems to have cleared up, judging by how brightly Jupiter was shining outside the window a little while back

Comment

I remembered to make the bed, at time that isn't bed time.

Comment

Bins trundled. Tomorrow is our black bin day (every 3 weeks) as well as recycling. One bin, one bag, 3 boxes. Our neighbours don’t know how we managed to get 3 boxes for bottles and cardboard, maybe it’s because we are more environmentally friendly than them, while they might recycle two or three bottles a week, we care far more and do at least 7…
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X