• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    The verdict is in, and they've gone for the hybrid approach: the original data-gathering app will now be extended to display a bunch of purely textual data as well, and the visualisations will live over on QuickSight. So the work on the Python/Django analysis and visualisation app has all been for naught (but will be handy for my CV), while the stuff I did on QS will live on (or possibly I'll throw it away and do it again now I have a better idea of what I'm doing)

And most importantly: extension to the end of September has been approved

Definitely having a break after that; seven months' work is quite enough for one year

A positive outcome all round.

Comment

A slice of toast has been had for a late breakfast / mid-morning snack.

Trying out a different loaf: Hovis Seeded. Very nice but really stupid sized slices that don't fit in the toaster unless you cut them in half.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        A slice of toast has been had for a late breakfast / mid-morning snack.

Trying out a different loaf: Hovis Seeded. Very nice but really stupid sized slices that don't fit in the toaster unless you cut them in half.
        I got one of those toasters that proudly trumpets the fact that it's roomy enough for some particular kind of loaf from Warburtons. I wouldn't buy their bread, but it means it's big enough for everything else I've thrown at it

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Morning all

It felt dull but, on looking out the window, there's a clear blue sky. Currently 15 degrees with a high of 23 expected later. No rain due. Barometer up to 1017 mBar.

HWMBO arrives later this afternoon for a one-night stand on his way home from indoctrinating people into the way of TOGAF. Out for dinner at Quo Vadis.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
          Queen Anne holds the first ever race meeting at Ascot 1711
          where are you going?

Comment

Morning all.

nice out, today

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
              Morning all.

nice out, today
              Morning

Starting to get a bit cloudier here

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post

where are you going?

Comment

Despite me being two weeks behind due to procrastination and a lack of motivation, my PM has effectively given me an extra two weeks! The work is not critical path, which helps, just something that needs to be done before an external vendor comes on board to take over.

I think saying "I underestimated the level of work needed" and showed him the level of detail I am going to helped

Comment

Corned beef butties (sesame bloomer) for lunch. Very nice; been a while since I've had them

Comment

Cheese and salami sandwiches. Cup of coffee and choccy biscuit.
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X