• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

Still warm out, but there's a possibility of rain in the next hour or so. Didn't get me though

The weird bug was all sorted out, with tests and everything, and then I ran local instances of the various components of the pipeline it has to travel, confirming by things like ElasticSearch queries and application logging that it made it through to the other end without anything going missing

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

I don't have much to do with Windows nowadays, but I have heard from informed sources that the built-in Windows Defender is all you really need

Have a look at SwiftOnSecurity's https://decentsecurity.com/
      Yep ever since Windows 10 appeared Windows Defender has been more than good enough for protecting a desktop computer.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Tea: chicken in red wine sauce, with chips and peas. Very nice

The rain never arrived

Comment

I decided to give up the tomato plants as being a lost cause so they've been dug up and binned. My chillis have little baby peppers poking out but really need a good period of hot sunshine to bring them on. I'm considering getting a mini greenhouse type thing to help foster a warmer growing environment.

Comment

Telly has been one of those programmes about Paddington station

No trundling has been done, as upon inspection it turned out the recycling bin was less than half full

Early night now so I can get my walk done and dusted first thing tomorrow.

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

I had a most refreshing night's sleep, perhaps improved by the knowledge that Friday lay on the other side of it

Rather cloudy start out, and getting cloudier later then clearing up a bit later than that. Currently 14°C, maybe reaching 22° late in the afternoon, barometers negligibly up at 1010/1018mB

The Sainsbury's delivery is due between 17:27 and 18:27, which is the best time really - don't have to bother thinking about it while I'm trying to get work done, but early enough that I can use some of the stuff in it for a recipe that takes some time to make, should I be so inclined

Though now I think about it, I've already got everything I need for tonight's dinner and it doesn't take that long. But in principle that could happen

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

Always fun on a Friday, observing the contents of the recycling bags in front of the houses (only flats get bins). The other week after that football thing, there was one which stood out for having what looked like two dozen Carling cans in it. I like to think he just drank a couple during the match, then finished the case in despair at the result

Comment

Morning all

Dull and overcast but currently dry. It's 16 degrees at present with a high of 22 forecast. No rain expected and there's a chance the sun might poke its nose between some of the clouds. Barometer is up to 1020 mBar.

I too slept rather well last night. I didn't properly wake up until part way through the rather lovely interview with some footballer. An eye had been opened before then but it didn't stay that way.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
                  The 'Cape of Good Hope' is formally bequeathed to the British by the Dutch 1814

Comment

^^^ I've got to the stage where Today is so irritating that it's only on for a couple of minutes at a time.

In fact, WATO and PM are nearly as irritating with the inevitable bad lines and dropped packets.

Never mind, think of the electrick wot I'm saving by shutting the crap off.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Always fun on a Friday, observing the contents of the recycling bags in front of the houses (only flats get bins). The other week after that football thing, there was one which stood out for having what looked like two dozen Carling cans in it. I like to think he just drank a couple during the match, then finished the case in despair at the result
                    ^^^ As I wander by I ponder on quite why the simple instructions to remove the tops of plastic bottle are never followed, and why the cans are never crushed so the bag doesn't bulge like Mr Creosote.

On the trudge up to Ye Olde Sloughe of Desponde on Ye Hill, there was one residence that used to put out a recycling bag bulging with Strongbow cans every week.

I wonder if he/she/it/they/them have had the liver transplant yet.

Whereas the trudge down King's Road in the docks to Ye Newe Sloughe of Even More Desponde was bin bag free at the time, what with the flats having their own disposal arrangements nicely out of sight, though no doubt the plastic bottles therein still had their tops left on.

Morning.

Grey, very grey, a grey surpassing all previous versions of grey.

Sunless.

Windy.

Dry.

Friday.

Washing frenzy ongoing in an ongoing sort of way: Smalls in the WM.

How remiss of me: 20.2 deg in here.

1016 mBar, 30.00 in Hg, 69% RH.

Smalls out of the WM & into the TD.

Shirts in the WM.

Smalls out of the TD & airing in the front bedroom.

Magick red light on TD indicating that the filter needed vaccing, and thusly was duly vacced, along with the spiders webs around the TD.

Shirts out of the WM & into the TD.

Cottons in the WM on shirts setting bumped to 60 deg.

Walk walked (abbreviated) during which it tried to rain on me.

Shirts out of the TD.

Lunch: scrambled egg & poached tomato on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toast, bramble jelly sandwich on same, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Car SOS: Citroen 2CV Speciale: they increased its capacity from 602cc to 652 cc to make it go faster.

The 300cc version did 0 to 30mph in 50 seconds.

https://www.burton2cvparts.com/barre...52cc-9-1-o77mm

Ooooo, "running in", haven't heard of that in years.

The 4 litre v12 in the Lambo had been rebuilt and was put on the dyno and run up to 300bhp, so not so much running in on that then.

Freecell score: 100% (), running average 84% (84.08% but going the right way unlike yesterday & the day before).

Entertainment: Trucking Hell S3 E20.

Tea: Tesco breaded cod, stewed apple & custard, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Dennis Hopper. Not someone I have much innerest in discovering but there you go.

I've watched far more of his films than I'd realised.

After that: Abandoned Engineering, hopefully a bit more abandoned than last week's tedious offering.

Elementary S6 E16 "Uncanny valley of the dolls".

Probly Ian Hislop's train thing.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 13 August 2021, 17:53.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

TFIF, etc
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X