• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't go up to the High Street in the end. I faffed for too long and then realised I'd not left myself enough time before the next drain on my sanity meeting commenced.

So, I dug a part-baked baguette from the freezer and opened a tin of tuna and a tin of sweetcorn. Smooshed together with some mayo.

Comment

Turned sunny here over the last hour or so, just in time for it to blind me as I walk up the gentle slope that passes for a hill hereabouts

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

It's still sunny, but there's a fairly chilly breeze. I briefly considered coming back in for a coat when I first encountered it in the yard, but decided to brave it. Once I was warmed up, it was fine; more refreshing than anything else, really

Comment

Ribs and chips for tea

Not beef short ribs this time, so not at all like yesterday's intercostal feast

Comment

More Paddington stuff on the telly tonight. The stuff about the new sea wall at Dawlish was interesting, but a points failure at Westbury is only interesting the first two or three times, if that

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Another grey start; looks like there's been a bit of rain too. Currently 14°C and not expected to get any higher than 18°; chance of showers from time to time; cloud not expected to clear at any point; barometers up a little at 1010/1018mB

Comment

Morning all

Dull and overcast but dry. Currently 14 degrees with showers expected this morning. High of 18 and dry this afternoon. Barometer up to 1020 mBar.

Bins have been trundled. Very quiet outside. Is it Sunday?

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
                The 'Double Eagle II' becomes the first manned balloon to cross the Atlantic Ocean 1978

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Grey.

Sunless.

Dark grey sky.

19.6 deg in here.

1018.5 mBar, 30.076 in Hg, 71% RH.

Tuesday.

Despite dozing through "Joy of Painting" yesterday evening, a quite reasonable night's sleep ensued, without the need to arise unbidden at half past sparrow fart as happened yesterday.

One is rather tempted to dispose of the company paperwork today.

It's the arsonist within me.

Two bin bags full of receipts & such like from 1999 & 2000.

Entertainment: Car SOS: Austin Healy 3000: a poor old man ripped off by scumbag "car restorers" to the tune of £25k.

A "rebuilt" engine that's anything but, and bodywork with paint over rust.

Lunch: Heinz lentil & ham soup with Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed bread, bramble jelly sandwich on same, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

An afternoon of binbagging the remains of my company.

Another 7 full of stuff that should have been thrown away a decade ago, so that's a total of 9 bags today.

Entertainment: Trucking Hell S4 E2, it made noise while I was screwing up pieces of paper.

Tea: Tesco breaded cod, some stewed apple & custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Alan Rickman.

Followed by a pleasant doze through "Joy of Painting" this evening being graced with a sunset.

Tudur Owen's TV Flashback.

Elementary S16 E18 "The visions of Norman P. Horowitz"

Massive Engineering Mistakes: hopefully some I haven't seen before or made myself. It's not on.

Another bug: the goto last post thingie for TPD is almost working.

This is indisputably shocking after all the times it's dumped me into 2017.

In a further shock it's worked twice in quick succession.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 17 August 2021, 22:27.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

One is rather tempted to dispose of the company paperwork today.

It's the arsonist within me.
                      Yeah! Burn it!

I'm going through shredding a load of my early years paperwork which is nowhere near as fun.

Comment

Working...
                      X