• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

I can see blue sky! There's fluffy cloud too. Signs of early morning rain on the patio tiles. Currently 17 degrees with a high of 22. Rain expected this evening. Barometer is hovering around 1016/1017 mBar. My weather app says 1017 mBar.

Off to see the parentals soon; just having a coffee first. I wonder if my car will start? It was last driven on 27 June, when I last went to see the folks. I have charged up the jump starter just in case.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
    The International Red Cross is founded by the signing of the 'Geneva Convention' 1864

Comment

Wandered up to the village club last night, first time since this damn c* thing started, nobody there except young people. Same at pub. Where have all the old farts gone?
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

^^^ Are you mad?

Going out to a club like that.

We're all too frightened of dying to go out.

Though I think I'm getting to the stage of regarding it as a blessed release.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

We're all too frightened of dying to go out
          Yeh, that's exactly what the barman said. At least I still see my loony ladies.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Couldn't sleep last night so I watched "Kept woman" this was pretty good I am sure I have seen a similar plot before but this was well executed and entertaining.

Kedgeree for breakfast.

Watching "the collector" , just a bit of hokum but fun.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Grey sort of day again, though not in a rainy way right now and with a bit of wan sunshine showing through occasionally. Mild enough at 20°C, 50% chance of showers in a bit but 70% tonight, and barometers up at 1012/1019mB

Comment

Lovely day down in Sussex. Really rather warm and summery.

Rain started just as I crossed the M25 on the journey home.

Comment

Tea has been the rest of the beef short ribs in red wine and pomegranate sort of glaze thing that I made last week, with chips

It was nice, but I'm not sure I'll make that particular recipe again; it's a little too rich, if anything. On the other hand I've got loads of pomegranate molasses left, so I need to find some use for it. Maybe I'll tweak the recipe next time instead.

All accompanied by some programme about mobile bouncers in Brighton, which at one point featured the hotel I usually stay at when conferencing down there; a couple of junkies had to be moved on from an exterior stairway down to a basement fire exit, where they were trying to shoot up. All pretty standard for Brighton seafront

Comment

Having watched all there was to see about the Brighton bouncers, I moved on to S1E1 of I'm Alan Partridge, just for a change. Good stuff

Another Monday coming up. Where do they keep getting them from?

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Another grey start, though it'll brighten up later, or at least that's the theory. Currently 15°C with 22° predicted for mid-afternoon before it quickly tails off again, no rain expected, barometers up sharply at 1020/1028mB

Comment

Working...
                      X