• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning.

Dry.

Blue sky in parts.

Sunny.

^^^ this was earlier, it's clouding up now.

Warmer at 17.1 deg in here.

1017 mBar, 30.22 in Hg, 770.3 Torr, 72% RH.

Friday.

Currently sounding like Barry White.

Maybe I should have worn a mask yesterday when pratting about with that tanking stuff.

Washing frenzy commenced.

Bedding wash in WM2.

Smalls in WM1.

Smalls out of WM1 and into TD.

Shirts in WM1.

Smalls out of TD and airing upstairs.

Shirts out of WM1 and into TD.

Cottons into WM1.

Shirts out of TD and awaiting the iRon.

Sheets out of WM2 and hanging limply on the line.

Lunch: poached 1.5 tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toast, bramble jelly sandwich x2 on same, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: NZ Border Patrol: the usual selection of Chinese with suitcases & trunks full of "food", most of which is indiscribable .

Loads of food taken off a little fleet of tall ships in the harbour.

Three turtles "rescued" from some ship or other: probably bound for the cooking pot but instead of which humanly destroyed by MAFF.

The fines have gone up from $200 to $400 in this series.

A number of travellers with undisclosed bundles of cash: $500 fine for undeclared $19,500.

Cottons out of the TD.

Shirts roughly iRoned & airing in the back bedroom.

The afternoon's joy will involve wirebrushing a wall of the garage.

Well that wasn't much fun. <cough>

Wonder if that paint had lead in it.

Sheets now off the line & in the TD, having remained remarkably damp.

Tea: Tesco breaded haddock, some peach slices, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Vivien Leigh.

Frankly, my dear, I couldn't give a damn.

Sheets out of the TD and airing over the banisters.

Abandoned Engineering.

Malta: Princes Elizabeth & Prince Philip's home, Chile: railway works destroyed by Pinochet, Nuremberg: Zeppelin Field. Hell of a place for a rally. . Art college in Cuba, never finished due to the October 1962 unpleasantness.

Railway thing on 5+1.

Hopefully something else.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 15 October 2021, 19:58.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

I have no meetings today so it ought to be a good doing day.

First job, put a wash on...

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Still dark! It isn't winter yet
        Clocks go back in a couple of weeks, which will provide some temporary respite

Comment

Went and sorted out the shopping bags, including the biscuit wrappers and so on for the new "flexible plastic" recycling bin at Sainsbury's. It left me feeling fairly tired; definitely not 100% yet

But the shopping must be done, and it's also prescription-collection time. I need to decide whether to make a detour via the pharmacy, or walk up there later. I'm not sure I want to do the full usual walk, but it's not far if I only go there, and I ought to try to get some exercise I suppose.

Comment

Just had my second breakfast.

I think I did my morning exercise too hard.

(It was HIIT you dirty minded people)
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

(It was HIIT you dirty minded people)
              What as in "I'd HIIT that" ?
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Shopping was accomplished!

The car battery had gone a bit flat over the course of the week, and I'd forgotten to charge the little battery pack after the last time I needed it a few weeks ago. So I had to wait until that had recharged, though it didn't take long. Then it was off to the M69, but it took a few minutes longer than usual to get there as there was some calamity on the M1 northbound, and problems anywhere within about ten miles have a serious knock-on effect throughout that junction.

Once southbound, it became clear that there was a one-mile-and-growing tailback on the northbound M69. So when I left at the first junction, I struck out cross-country on a B road instead, which eventually brought me back to the Fosse Way and thus a straight run back to Sainsbury's.

Seemed fairly busy, and the lunchtime crowd don't seem keen on wearing masks

But I got almost everything I needed (well, remembered I needed) and there were only a few gaps here and there on the shelves, though a few things seemed a bit low on stock

Having made it home and put that lot away, lunch was then chicken, tomato and lentil soup with wholemeal bread

I didn't get anything from the hot food counter as they didn't have anything I fancied - well, unless I'd got a whole roast chicken, which would make for a good lunch but would also be a bit much considering I'm roasting a chicken this evening

Comment

Oh, and the agent got in touch just as I was about to set out to tell me neither clearance nor dispensation has been forthcoming, so I will not be starting back on Monday

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Shopping was accomplished!

The car battery had gone a bit flat over the course of the week, and I'd forgotten to charge the little battery pack after the last time I needed it a few weeks ago. So I had to wait until that had recharged, though it didn't take long. Then it was off to the M69, but it took a few minutes longer than usual to get there as there was some calamity on the M1 northbound, and problems anywhere within about ten miles have a serious knock-on effect throughout that junction.

Once southbound, it became clear that there was a one-mile-and-growing tailback on the northbound M69. So when I left at the first junction, I struck out cross-country on a B road instead, which eventually brought me back to the Fosse Way and thus a straight run back to Sainsbury's.

Seemed fairly busy, and the lunchtime crowd don't seem keen on wearing masks

But I got almost everything I needed (well, remembered I needed) and there were only a few gaps here and there on the shelves, though a few things seemed a bit low on stock

Having made it home and put that lot away, lunch was then chicken, tomato and lentil soup with wholemeal bread

I didn't get anything from the hot food counter as they didn't have anything I fancied - well, unless I'd got a whole roast chicken, which would make for a good lunch but would also be a bit much considering I'm roasting a chicken this evening
                    plenty of firms will come and change the battery while you wait for a reasonable all in price.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Oh, and the agent got in touch just as I was about to set out to tell me neither clearance nor dispensation has been forthcoming, so I will not be starting back on Monday
                      Sounds almost as good as the email chain I saw overnight with the PM & Implementation manager patting each other on the back over getting sign-off on a design document. I threw a spanner in the works by asking the same question I've asked for several weeks "are you sure full funding has been signed off?"
                      The replies were sheepish, with other managers being added to the email chain, each passing the buck to someone else, until the last email was "no, it's not signed off because the PM hasn't submitted the correct paperwork and the implementation manager hasn't requested it.
                      I'm hoping that when they fill out the forms they should have done 6 months ago, they use the massaged figures that might have slipped in to one of the updates to add about $220k to the budget.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X