• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never been a fan of keeping important stuff on someone else's server, myself.
    I've got copies of accounts going back 35 years at least

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      I have been tinkering with my new Xero accounts set up. It's actually quite good but there's lots of bits buried that the help doesn't quite cover very well. I spent ages trying to figure out one bit around fixed assets and kept seeing a reference to the 'adviser' role but nothing to explain further. Then, about half an hour after I finally gave up and filed a support ticket for some help, I discovered that I only had 'admin' access whereas the 'adviser' access gives a whole heap more options! Enabled that and now I'm a much happier bunny.

HWMBO said his accountant told him to go with Quick Books as Xero is expensive. I think Xero is only a smidge more expensive than I was paying Sage but has much more functionality and feels like a far more professional product. I used Quick Books back when I first started out but, as it didn't do payroll back then, I moved to Sage and stayed put for over a decade.

What is annoying, and the biggest downside to cloud based accounting, is that I can't stop paying Sage because I'll then lose access to my historic data. Need to think about that further as, now I've pondered on it, I haven't kept a copy of the Sage desktop software I used to use before moving to cloud accounting so I can't access anything older than the last three or four years anyway. Hmm...
      30 seconds on Google and Movemybooks
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I know what you mean. The convenience of it got me hooked, I have to say. Having just one PC I could do my accounts on was becoming a right pain and, whilst I am quite happy doing data entry, having all of the bank feeds automated now is great.

I have always done regular exports of key reports and audit logs. So I've probably not 'lost' as much as I think.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          30 seconds on Google and Movemybooks
          Ah bollocks. That's annoying.

I wonder if I can still do the move even though I've set everything up now.

EDIT: it seems it needs an empty organisation. I'm not about to delete everything I've spent the last couple of days on. That, and I like the new set up better than the old one so I wouldn't want to mirror the old set up anyway.
          Last edited by ladymuck; 24 October 2020, 16:56. Reason: read the site eek found :)

Comment

Tea: spag bol with proper Welsh cheddar grated on top as is only right & proper, stewed pears sans custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

This time tomorrow it'll be dark. .

The Uri Geller book is quite an inneresting read.

Trouble is all my cutlery is now useless.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              Ah bollocks. That's annoying.
              Tsk Tsk, such unladylike language from a scion of the legendary family Muck.
              I don't know what the world's coming to.
              really I don't.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                Tsk Tsk, such unladylike language from a scion of the legendary family Muck.
                I don't know what the world's coming to.
                really I don't.

Comment

Watching this:

BBC iPlayer - imagine... - 2020: Marina Abramovic: The Ugly Duckling

She's mad as a box of frogs so this ought to be interesting

Comment

Brisket sandwich. Mayo (home made of course), Polish pickles, Dijon mustard and sourdough.

Delish.

Mâcon-Villages, buttery...
                    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Much rain now.

Comment

Working...
                      X