• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    why is that a pali I see with my name on it.

LM, bad luck there - a second or too earlier and it would have been yours

oi LM keep up!
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      downtime

Top drivelling for the pali...

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        No-one likes a braggard
        Yes we do!

And if we don't, at least he is our braggard....

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Oh hang on, not it wasn't

Can't read numbers any more…
          Has your account been taken over by Diane Abbott?

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            oi LM keep up!
            Thats what HWMBO says.

Comment

Another hour and more of scrubbing away with The Pink Stuff and the lid of the fryer is clean. Gets particularly icky, that bit, due to all the fine droplets of oil being carried up by steam and spattering (and the fact that I don't clean it nearly often enough)

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Another hour and more of scrubbing away with The Pink Stuff and the lid of the fryer is clean. Gets particularly icky, that bit, due to all the fine droplets of oil being carried up by steam and spattering (and the fact that I don't clean it nearly often enough)
                I still haven't used my Pink Stuff.

Probably because when I went back to using cif (and cheaper alternatives) I cleaned stuff up.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

A few spots of rain fell on me a few hundred yards from the end, but backed off when they realised they were too late to be of any concern

Comment

It's destroyed two J cloths, a scourer, and nearly half a tub of The Pink Stuff - but the deep fat fryer is finally in a fit state to be seen in public again

The last bit to clean was the flex. Where the fryer was previously situated, it sort of curled round the back and along the side between it and the wall, out of sight and out of mind. But it turns out a lot of spatter had got to it there over the years, and was now caked on it in a sort of sticky, gelatinous coating

I was rather dreading that bit, but it turned out it came off really easily with a damp cloth and lots of Pink Stuff

Now the thing is going to be in a more prominent position, I'm hoping I'll pay more attention to cleaning bits like that as I go along. We shall see…

Comment

it turns out a lot of spatter had got to it there over the years, and was now caked on it in a sort of sticky, gelatinous coating
                      Why didn't you just keep it and have it on your ribs tomorrow?
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X