• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TV has been another episode of the bailiff High Court Enforcement Officer programme. They're actually quite helpful to one bloke

Early night now as I'm giving it big yawns

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Cloudy start but with the sun trying to break through. Looks slightly damp, but I suspect that's due to dew, not drizzle. Currently 14°C, heading for 19°, apparently going to get cloudier with 40% chance of showers around lunchtime; barometers up a bit more at 1024/1032mB

Comment

Morning all
        A pleasant morning here, although I'm a bit achy after chopping logs yesterday evening.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Blue sky.

Sunny.

Warmish at 20.1 deg in here.

1016 1026 mBar, 30 30.3 in Hg, 72% RH.

Tuesday by all reports.

Walk (abbreviated, alternate route) walked.

Discombobulated by the closure of one path due to tree felling which made it longer than it would have been.

TV Times purchased from the post office: Vera is back next week, so sommat to look at, presumably on a Sunday evening.

Sun's still out.

No good shall come of this.

Lunch: Heinz lentil soup with Morrisons wholemeal sunflower & spelt bread, bramble jelly sandwich on same, red unpippy corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Car SOS: Mitsubishi Evo 4 thing, rust bucket, very very complicated rust bucket.

The owner had cancer and was sans large intestine, bladder, prostate, and a 9lb tumour.

There's always some poor bastard worse off than you.

The front room office has had stuff shifted about & vacced underneath, not the desks, obviously, but the stuff that was & is under the desks.

Then the dining table in the hall got moved & vacced underneath & all the months of unopened mail was placed in a different pile of unopened mail.

Once that was done, the pile of model railway stuff in the hall was moved & vacced underneath & the opportunity was taken to remove the redundant telephone extension wiring & socket.

Dunno who installed it but one of the screws was ridiculously tight & difficult to remove.

I suspect that using a bit that actually fitted the slot might have been a good idea but there you go.

Once all that was back in place, the stairs got vacced.

Entertainment: Trucking Hell S4 E7: no Michael.

Unfortunately tomorrow's E8 features far too fecking much Michael for my taste.

Tea: a soupy ricey thing I dreamed up, the last of the mango slices, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

The wireless is currently silent since it's not telling of anything I want to know about.

Entertainment: Discovering Tommy Lee Jones.

Tudur Owen's TV Flashover: West Wales: they talks funny down there you know.

Dunno if it's worth a gander at that Tsunami thing this evening, I didn't watch more than 10 minutes of yesterday's.

It wasn't, in the event, the attractions of the River Hunt loons on Blaze proving more inneresting in a strange sort of way.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 24 August 2021, 22:06.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Blue sky! Warm, dry and sunny. Currently 16 degrees with a high of 22 later. Barometer up to 1029 mBar.

Bin was trundled this morning as I was too lazy to do it last night. I was also too lazy to wash up my dinner detritus so that was also done this morning.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
            Two penguins from Chessington Zoo are taken to a local ice-rink to cool off during London's heat wave 1967

Comment

Actually summoned up the energy to go to Karaoke last night. Reasonable night sleep for a change. Odd dream, was making up plans to stitch human skins together to make carpets. Not as sinister as it sounds, several of us, looking quite normal, were sitting looking at our our own skin carpets.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

In a momentary fit of enthusiasm, I got the mundane laundry on for a Quick Wash which was completed just as the morning standup started. Now draped over the clotheshorse

Back to asking the designer and UX guys excessively detailed questions about wording of stuff, for some data tables I'm generating

Comment

Thank you for the reminder. I keep forgetting to do laundry and my basket is getting quite full.

Comment

Lunch has been Scotch broth with multiseed bread. Really nice

I need to make more Scotch broth, but yesterday's lamb is earmarked for scouse. I suppose I'll just have to get another joint of lamb soon

Comment

A small Crouch Recovery tow truck just went past, heading out of town

Comment

Working...
                      X