• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning.

Monday.

Dry.

Grey.

Gloomy.

Sunless.

White sky.

15.3 deg in here, 17 deg in the kitchen, 15 deg in the leanto.

1015.2 mBar, 29.9788 in Hg, 761.46 Torr, 14.724 psi, (unchanged), 73% RH (GDR hair), 72% RH (Lidl electric).

Telex machine doing its glowing, induced by waking at 06:23 yet again, reading book for a while, then dozing.

Meanwhile on the 31st of May 2019 there was much discussion of my redundancy/retirement with expectations of stuff that never came to pass.

Lunch: scrambled egg with rather an excess of poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toasted crust, red pippy corner yog, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of rather over toasted lightly toasted toast, 0.91*1.53 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y waffling on about stuff of zero innerest to me so <click>.

Shopping trip to Lidl for some string in The Middle: none there. Bought some Other Stuff in case it Comes In Handy.

Trip to B&M on the way back: bought some polypropylene steel cored washing line: probably too stiff for the intended use.

Trip to Morrisons on the way back from B&M: stringless.

Trip to Wilko on the way back from Morrisons: bought some polypropylene rope: probably too thick for the intended use.

Knackered now.

Freecell score: 72%, running average 85%.

Tea: more crap, some pear halves, a red corner yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: nothing.

Freecell score: 94%, running average 85%.

Ray Mears on Dartmoor on another of those channels that repeat stuff endlessly, the preferred repeat of Wheeler Dealers being unavailable due to the BH.

NCIS S19 E10 "Pledge of allegiance": saw that twist coming. .

The Mystery of the Crossrail Skulls: loadsa Roman era skulls. Next week Car SOS is back.

Abandoned engineering: I've seen this one before as it transpires: 1936 Olympic village. Caribbean leper colony on abandoned island. Wrecked crane barge BOS 400 off South Africa. Brunel Railway viaduct in Cornwall.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 2 May 2023, 07:46.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Lots of cloud about out, but some decent gaps providing sunny spells too. Currently 14°C with 16° expected later. The barometers are down a little at 1005/1013mB

Comment

The clouds have parted and the sun is once again visible.

Comment

Links are up

Comment

So yesterday I went to a pub in a well to do neighbourhood. The beer garden had a list of rules on a blackboard.

I sat in the beer garden with my companions and learnt why the beer garden had rules.

I think I will stick to my pubs in less well off neighborhoods.

Today I went to do some shopping.

Some arty shop had some tulip about only being open at national bank holiday hours so they couldn't open until 11.

Luckily their clientele are mostly students.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Tea: ribs and chips

Accompanied by an S2 episode of the opal hunters that I haven't seen before, on one of those channels that can't think of anything better to do than repeat this stuff endlessly

Comment

Sticky thread?

This is cheating!

Word associations don’t need no stinking sticky status…

Comment

Old wire fencing removed from the side, new gate installed on the side, bit of hedging dug up, fencing round the new veg beds to keep the neighbourhood cats out.
                  Now TFBSZ
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    Sticky thread?

This is cheating!

Word associations don’t need no stinking sticky status…

Comment

No car tonight, and I can't remember anything very interesting happening in the gold hunters

In the new gold hunters, however, one lot returned to their camp after a day's detecting to find it had been raided by a feral pig which had made short work of their provisions

And then I finished reading Fire in the Night

Back to work tomorrow

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X