• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning.

Monday.

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Drizzly.

Dire.

Sunless.

Chilly in here at 12.5 deg, 12 deg in the kitchen, 11 deg in the leanto.

1022.5 mBar, 30.1944077 in Hg, 766.938 Torr, 14.83 psi, (down from 1025ish last night), 73% RH (GDR hair), 72% RH (Lidl electric).

Should have gone to Tesco yesterday afternoon while it was fine.

Meanwhile on the 28th of April 2019 a plug was put on the recently installed pcb etch facility in the tin shed, while vetran did a lawn, and NF added an index and played with something called Docker.

Freecell score: 92%, running average 85%.

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg on linseed & soya toasted crust, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of toast, red corner yog (or was it yellow?), 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Minor potching in the front room office junk room: moved stuff about a bit, then discovered that the foam in the case for the eprom emulator has reached its terminal decline and was about to become a disgusting sticky mess, so it's all been removed and replaced with bits of an old cotton sheet to stop stuff rattling about.

Tea: meatballs with rice n peas, a peach half, a yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM.

Wheeler Dealers S8 E3 2001 Range Rover P38: bought: £2k1, total: £3,041, sold: £3k5. Currently SORN since the MOT ran out last August.

Great British Railway Journeys: that lemon jacket is back. He's in Newport.

Joy of Painting: non Alaskan mountain & stream, the was particularly strong in this one: 19:34. .

Who do you think you are?: Charles Dance.

Oak Island Nutjobbery: "yes we can": Yeah, right. Off to Portugal. More Templar crap. This week on we ain't found tulip, they find wood, old wood, dense wood, puddle clay, a chunk of "cement" with something stuck through it on the wash table, a bit of charcoal, then they hit bedrock at 183 feet. Gary finds a chain link, and the inevitable ox shoe on lot 8. Start putting down yet another can in the few weeks remaining, while 3 feck off to Portugal Templar hunting.

Secrets in the Ice: some clay brick building on a Siberian island.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Por-Bazhyn

Orange climbing helmet complete with skull found on Mount Cooke Southern Alps NZ. Don't lose your head. .

the Caroline Face of Aoraki/Mt Cook was the last unclimbed face of the mountain.

our climbers lost their lives in the 1960s while trying to scale it.

Two of those who died, John Cousins and Michael Goldsmith, may have achieved the feat in November 1963.

Their bodies emerged from the Hooker Glacier on the other side of the mountain in 1999.
    Amsterdam Island, Svalbad. 101 coffins. Dated 16th C. Whales. Reducing blubber.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smeerenburg

Greenland: Icecore. Unidentified layer. 532 - 536AD.

https://phys.org/news/2019-12-unders...-darkness.html

Microfossils from tropical marine sediments.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 20 February 2023, 22:53.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Overcast and a bit dull. Currently 8 degrees with a high of 14 expected. No rain forecast but there's grey flecks to the cloud that suggests otherwise. Barometer down a snifter to 1026 mBar.

Achy this morning. Maybe that one hour of gardening was more physical than I thought at the time.

Comment

Links are, finally, up

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Morning all
          Mouse (Fat) caught overnight.
          Last week I was invited to a seminar occurring at 10am today. After agreeing, the invite came through as 10am EET. That’s 8am GMT. Do these people not realise I am temporarily retired?
          means you can knock off early and still get a full day rate I'd recommend 1pm.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Tea was from the other Chinese - not the other Chinese here, the one at the old place. I hadn't really managed a "last meal" from there due to the general chaos of the move, and the car was showing its low fuel light, so although it's a bit far I went over that side of town to fill up and popped in there on the way home

This meant I had to record the car and gold diggers, so I'm just in the throes of catching up on those

Comment

So, the car was a Range Rover (they kept appending some alphanumeric designation; I didn't realise Range Rover did those, and can't remember what it was) which is SORN and hasn't had an MOT since last August

Then the gold diggers all seemed to have very good luck, some of them finding very big nuggets indeed, which was nice

And I had to watch the opal hunters on the +1 channel because I'd forgotten it was Monday, but they all seemed to do very well too, with a lot of smashing through the roofs of old unsafe mines with heavy machinery going on - which, really, sounds like reward enough in itself

Finally, last week's episode of Surgeons featured a fair amount of Heath Robinson-style surgical-cum-mechanical techniques. Still, if it works for the patient, why not?

Goodnight all

Comment

morning all
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Dull and cloudy. Currently 8 degrees with a high o 11 forecast. No rain expected. No sunshine either. Barometer down to 1020 mBar.

Feeling poorly today. Rubbish sleep, scratchy eyes, sniffy nose, a tickle in the throat. Plus my lower extremities are still complaining about the torture I put them through on Sunday. I want to go back to bed and probably will do after my morning meetings.

Comment

Morning.

Tuesday.

Grey.

Sunless.

Drizzly.

Damp.

Dreary.

Dire.

Chilly in here at 12.5 deg, 12.5 deg in the kitchen, 12 deg in the leanto.

1016 mBar, 30 in Hg, 762.06 Torr, 14.736 psi, (down from 1019 last night), 73% RH (GDR hair), 73% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 28th of April 2019 NF was wearing an apron & cooking apple turnovers while I was watching "Mile 22" and the oak island nutjobbery.

Shopping trip to Tesco done dusted washed dried sanitsed & put away.

I actually bought some salad tomatoes..

Lunch: baked potato with cheese and baked beans, red pippy corner yog, marmalade and bramble jelly on slices of Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y waffling on about something or other. TWATO. Sideways or whatever the feck it's called waffling on about "woke".

I preferred "A sideways look at" with that Anthony Smith chap who was enthusiastic about balloons & suchlike.

https://www.iwm.org.uk/collections/item/object/80010109

Sound as an object? WTF?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Smith_(explorer)

And his motorcycle trip from Egypt to the Cape:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Smith-Son-E.../dp/0340287330

Walk (abbreviated) walked in the grey gloom.

Minor potching in next door's carport measuring the rafters which are 175mm x 47mm x 18 feet.

Tea: battered fish of some kind (meh), the last of the peach halves, a yog, 0.91*1.53 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM.

Wheeler Dealers S8 E4 Frogeye Sprite: bought: £4k5, total: £7475, sold: £8k6. Changed from red to baby blue. Looked nice enough. Not on the MOT site.

The colourful train chap. He's ringing a bell.

Joy of Painting with Whispering Bob.

Who do you think you are? Someone I've never heard of investigating his Oz antecedents.

FBI S2 E19 "Emotional Rescue".

The Repaire Shoppe:

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 21 February 2023, 19:24.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Cloudy but mild again. Currently 8°C, 11° expected, and the barometers are back down to 1006/1014mB. Not so breezy either, apparently

Comment

Working...
                      X