• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    New home, new locations for stuff, every time you tidy up you change your mind where to put things. I'm still tinkering with some bits and pieces and I moved 6 months ago.
    When I removed the ghastly fitted wardrobe from my office I put all my stuff in the spare room. Now I've got a new one and have put the stuff back I still keep walking in to the spare room looking for things.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Tea: southern not-fried chicken with fries and ketchup

Accompanied by the tail-end of the gold hunters, and a bit of Trucking Hell

The car earlier was some American thing but I missed it because I was assembling the Ikea unit, and that goes where the TV plugs in (both power and aerial), so I'd disconnected it and moved it out of the way. My careful measuring to be sure the partitions within the unit wouldn't clash with the locations of any of the sockets turned out to be accurate

Comment

TFBSZ
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

No premiere tonight, but the first major motion picture was one I hadn't watched in so many decades (probably three) that it felt new: Westworld (1973), a salutary reminder that it's all fun and games until the robot uprising starts

And then I revisited Everything Everywhere All at Once (2022) which is very good, though I still think it could somehow be better; there's an indefinable feeling I have that the story could have been brought together better at certain points. According to the film's own thesis, there'll be a better version in some close-by parallel universe, so maybe I'm sensing that

And then another rewatch of Crazy Rich Asians (2018) as things were already in Michelle Yeoh mode. It's good fun, that one. It occurred to me while watching that the concept of the "chick flick" only really arose in recent years, and films like Singing in the Rain would have been put in that category had they not come out in an era when everybody just went to the pictures and took what they were given. So although some people might regard it as a chick flick, I just think it's an entertaining romantic comedy

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning.

Saturday.

Damp.

Dreary.

Grey.

Sunless.

Overnight rain.

Chilly in here at 12.9 deg, 12 deg in the kitchen, 11 deg in the leanto.

995.5 mBar, 29.397 in Hg, 746.686r Torr, 14.438 psi, (down from 1005 last night, down in turn from 1010 earlier in the day), 73% RH (GDR hair), 70% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 12th of April 2019 NF was shopping in M&S and Sainsburys, whilst I wandered around Morrisons on a vain hunt for turkey thighs before settling on M&S breaded haddock.

Very odd dreams: one involved a lot of shooting with a very odd 44 mag, curiously the available cartridges were 357 mag which wasn't a lot of use until this other chap found a box of 44 mag in his desk drawer. I suspect this was caused by some horrid programme about psychopaths I stumbled across on Quest. The peculiar 44 mag certainly seemed to do the required business in a satisfactory sort of way. .

Entertainment: Wheeler Dealers S8 E9 1969 VW Karmann Ghia found by MB in Boise Idaho. Bought: $10k, £6k, Total: £10k, Sold: £11k5. MOT ran out in 2019.

Wheeler Dealers S12 E12: Alfasud 1.5 TI. MOT still valid. Bought: £4830, Total: £5797, Sold: £6k8 to the odd bald guy.

Wheeler Dealers S9 E4 1977 Renault Alpine 310. Bought in that France place, then broke down on the way to Blighty & ended up trailered home. Shot water pump & rear wheel bearings, changed the carbs to a 4 barrel Holley FFS, without showing the joys of setting fuel levels. Replacing the rear wheel bearings required much jiggery pokery with the construction of a Special Tool to undo a bearing holder (oxy acetylene required to encourage said nut to undo). The original carbs are a twin choke feeding 4 cylinders with a single choke feeding the remaining two. It's French, see. . Bought: £12k, Total: £13k5, Sold: £13k5 So they made a packet on that one. .

Walk (abbreviated) walked in the grey gloom & wan sunshine.

Looks like the council have done something about the blocked culvert under road that was causing a small river to flow down the hill.

Tea: spag with that fiery bol, even hotter after 3 weeks in the freezer, some peach slices, a yog, 0.91*1.59 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: bits of "Rio Bravo", bits of Ancient Aliens, bits of "Eye for an eye" with the Duke's son. Nothing much appeals.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 14 January 2023, 19:05.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all
              Wind and rain overnight, but it seems calmer this morning.
              Heading out into the garden shortly.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Afternoon all

It was dull, damp, windy and raining when I got up around 9 am and it's not improved much in the time since. Intermittent heavy showers and strong gusts. Currently 12 degrees ('feels like' 9) and that's the high for the day. The forecast claims I've had all the rain that's due. Barometer down to 998 mBar.

Towels in the WM.

Off to see 'Best of Enemies' at the Noel Coward Theatre later.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Rainy grey day out, though the rain is expected to stop soon. Currently 8°C which is as good as it gets, and the barometers are down again at 982/990mB

In today's post: title to the property, from the Land Registry via my solicitor

Comment

Lunch: Heinz tomato soup with seedy bloomer toast

Accompanied by some programme about dingos.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Afternoon denizens

Rainy grey day out, though the rain is expected to stop soon. Currently 8°C which is as good as it gets, and the barometers are down again at 982/990mB

In today's post: title to the property, from the Land Registry via my solicitor
                      blimey! that was quick. we just got ours after 9 months.

Comment

Working...
                      X