• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

Cloudy but it's a mix of lumpy fluff and wispy fluff so it's reasonably bright out. Damp from, I presume, overnight rain. Currently 3 degrees ('feels like' 0) with a high of 4 expected. Unlikely to rain with cloud cover clearing a little towards late afternoon. Barometer down to 986 mbar.

Comment

Morning.

Monday all over again again.

Damply dry.

Blue sky in parts.

Hints of wan sunshine.

Cold in here at 11.8 deg, 11.5 deg in the kitchen, 8.5 deg in the leanto, the anthurium was moved to the kitchen overnight.

989 mBar, 29.2 in Hg, 741.811 Torr, 14.3442 psi, (up from 987 last night), 73% RH (GDR hair), 69% (Lidl electric).

Telex machine gleaming pretty brightly Roy.

Meanwhile on the 14th of April 2019, NF couldn't be bothered to cook, however the BBEs on assorted meats led to the creation of a casserole, other than which, it was dark out.

Shopping trip to Morrisons and Tesco done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away. Not much in the way of eggs in Tesco yet again.

Caught the bus back from Tesco which reduced the walk by a mile.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toasted crust, yellow corner yog, bramble jelly & marmalade on slices of toast, 0.91*1.57 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Seemed to be a lot of stuff flying over this morning. Maybe it seems that way because it's clear & they're visible.

Walk (abbreviated) walked in the sunshine. It was bright out there today.

Freecell score in the setting sun: 86%, running average 85%.

Tea: chicken in white sauce with rice n peas (I discovered why the chilli con carne is so hot during this), the last of the peach slices, a yog or two (got to cool down somehow), 0.91*1.61 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM.

Wheeler Dealers S16 E14 1968 International Harvester Travelall: the world's first SUV (though I doubt dear old Jack Bauer would be seen dead in it): replaced the coil & distributor with an electronic one (how the feck do you time that up then?), replaced the rocker cover gaskets, ripped out the carpets (those on the floor & the shag pile on the ceiling), recovered the seats, welded up a small hole in the rear wheel arch, bought a custom rattle can with matched paint (so that's how they get the paint in there): Bought: $14k5, Total: $16k8, Sold (on the interweb: no punter in view): $18k.

Fred Dibnah Building of Britain: Canals: Leeds Liverpool (they probly stole the Liverpool end of it), the Bridgewater canal.

The Joy of Painting () SIX<- that's S9 by the by E3 of 26. I should be comatose by 19:42 19:52 coz it was a seascape.

Dr Pimplepopper. Lady with steatocystomer multiplex, lady with hyperhidrosis, lady with a cyst on her forehead (lipoma).

The Oak Island nutjobbery: S9 E17 "Blast from the past". They find that missing Jughead nuke that supposedly landed on The Island. 4 8 15 16 23 42.

This week: a piece of "parchment" which is apparently the wrapper off a stick of dynamite, a chunk of slate, some square cut wooden beam, a tree trunk. Tedious barely begins to cover it. Redit does it better.

It must be said that "This week we ain't found tulip" is much more amusing.

"Secrets in the Ice" on Blaze. Amundsen. boat. Attempt to reach the north pole. The 9 students killed in the Urals in 1959. The twat of a narrator is highly irritating, much as he is on Trucking Hell. Russian mammoth bone circle. Kostenki circle.

Trevor Fishlock's Choice: from 2001, Conwy valley.

Bugger. Strangelove Sis & Strangelove Niece are visiting on Wednesday. I'll have to shower & wash my hair now. .
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 16 January 2023, 23:43.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

The overnight storms have given way to blue skies.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Gloomy grey day out. Chilly too by the standards of recent days: currently 3°C, not getting any higher, and expected to get down to -4° overnight. No precipitation due though; and the barometers are back down again at 975/983mB

Comment

Hailstorm!

Comment

Links are up

Comment

The hail turned into sleet, and now it's snowing fairly heavily

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  The hail turned into sleet, and now it's snowing fairly heavily
                  There's a thread for that, Specifically in General, like. . .

Meanwhile, though the 15th of April 2019 was cold, grey, sunless and unpleasant, it wasn't snowing, which was good, thoiugh the library appeared infested with the great unwashed doing their needful doings in search of unemployment benefits.

I remember when one received UB and Earnings Related which doubled it. The Witch Bitch did away with that very swiftly. Can't be giving people their money back when they need it.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 16 January 2023, 13:26.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

There's a thread for that, Specifically in General, like. . .
                    So there is! But it's stopped now, and it seems likely the sun will come out shortly

Lunch has been pâté on seedy bloomer toast

I was going over to the old flat, but despite the snow having stopped it still looks quite slushy out. Given the somewhat uneven slabs in the back yard over there, I'm not keen on the idea of carrying bulky stuff through it in those conditions. I'll do shelving-related stuff here instead and hope things dry out, either later or tomorrow

Comment

The sun did indeed come out

Mundane laundry is now on

Comment

Working...
                      X