• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Karaoke this evening. Driving in the dark with all the potholes round here is not great. Seen 2 vehicles stopped by the road with hazard lights flashing by the same hole in last two days. Thye've finally put a cone by it.
    Plant some flowers in the hole and put a fishing gnome by it.

This does remind me that (a) I have recently hit some nasty potholes and could do with checking out my tyres and (b) I had an advisory on my rear tyres in June last year and I really ought to get them replaced

Comment

Ents was some Only Connect and more Skin A&E. I am now on the home stretch, the latest series.

Comment

The car earlier was an even worse clip show than usual because they didn't even show any work being done; so that was largely ignored. And various gold hunters came to satisfactory conclusions to their seasons. The antiques bloke was then allowed to ramble on in the background, because I was reading stuff online and couldn't be bothered to turn the telly off.

Later: S1E1 of the Apple TV+ series Severance: Good News About Hell (TV Episode 2022). This is about a bunch of people who've voluntarily undergone a procedure that completely separates their memories inside and outside work: when they're at work they can't remember anything about their lives, while outside work they can't remember anything about what they do there. The work itself appears to involve mundane data processing, but it seems likely there'll turn out to be something more nefarious going on…

I was going to also start S2 of The Handmaid's Tale but decided I was tired so I'd go to bed instead

Goodnight all

Comment

Odd. Loony lady 1 left here car parked in the road near my house for 12 days when she went to visit her sister. One of the tyres was flat when she came back, she thought it was the valve again and took it to garage. Turns out somebody had stuck a nail through the side. Can't imagine any of my neighbours would do that.

PS It wasn't me!
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Morning all

It’s snowing.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning if as such it might be defined rather than the middle of the night.

Wednesday.

Dark. Very Dark.

Dank. Very Dank.

Dreary. Very Dreary.

Wet Wet Wet.

Sunless.

Grey.

Cold in here at 10.7 deg, 10.5 deg in the kitchen, 4 deg in the leanto.

998 mBar, 29.471 in Hg, 748.56 Torr, 14.47477 psi, (up from 993.5 last night), 68% RH (GDR hair), 59% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile in the preplague days of 15th April 2019 WTFH's dog was feeling better, which was good.

Just spent 10 minutes attempting to log into this box with the password for a completely different account and being puzzled why it didn't work. .

I think the brain rot has arrived. Ho hum. .

The anthurium is looking completely fecked, but the ferns are doing well.

Very unpleasant out there: cold, raw, pavements very slippery. Wish I'd stayed in bed.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand it turns out that Sis & Niece are, in fact, due next Wednesday rather than today. I wonder if that's enough time to find the birthday cards I've put safe somewhere.

And I've spent at least 25 minutes cleaning the place up a bit so there's two chairs to sit on rather than one.

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of toast, yellow corner yog, 0.91*1.66 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y.

Freecell score: 86%, running average 85%.

Tea: chicken in white sauce with rice n peas, some apricot halves, a yog, 0.91*1.59 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM.

Wheeler Dealers S16 E16: the final clip show of the Septic seasons. .

Fred Dibnah's Made in Britain: Water & Boilers.

Joy of Painting E5/26. More seascapes. .

Ferne Britain wandering around that Cornwall. Visited the Lizard.

Dr Pimplepopper. chap with a large lump on his adam's apple. lady with a large bump on her forehead. Lady with hailey hailey disease psoriasis, and some other nasty thing.

Who do you think you are? Jack & Michael Whitehall.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 18 January 2023, 22:40.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Sunny and bright. Frosty. High level wispy fluff. Currently 0 degrees ('feels like' -3). Barometer up to 998 mBar.

Comment

Stopped snowing now. Might light the fire, but we’ll need more logs for this afternoon.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    The car earlier was an even worse clip show than usual because they didn't even show any work being done; so that was largely ignored. And various gold hunters came to satisfactory conclusions to their seasons. The antiques bloke was then allowed to ramble on in the background, because I was reading stuff online and couldn't be bothered to turn the telly off.

Later: S1E1 of the Apple TV+ series Severance: Good News About Hell (TV Episode 2022). This is about a bunch of people who've voluntarily undergone a procedure that completely separates their memories inside and outside work: when they're at work they can't remember anything about their lives, while outside work they can't remember anything about what they do there. The work itself appears to involve mundane data processing, but it seems likely there'll turn out to be something more nefarious going on…

I was going to also start S2 of The Handmaid's Tale but decided I was tired so I'd go to bed instead

Goodnight all
                    ChatGPT will take over all the mundane data manipulation, the managers will just type in what they want and AI will deliver it for them. Look forward to a Dilbertesque future with PHB elected CEO.

reminds me of the Danny Dyer flick

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Severance_(film)

don't worry as the synopsis indicates you aren't missing much apart from a grinning cockney and sad sex jokes.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Morning denizens

Another frosty start but not as cold as yesterday. I think there may have been a snow shower overnight too. Anyway, when I got up there was still traces of frost on the cedar, roofs, cars and lawns; but most of them have gone now. Even the cars which were never defrosted yesterday (due to not being used and being parked where they didn't get any sun) seem to have thawed. Currently 2°C and later we may be basking in 4°, and the barometers are up a bit at 984/993mB. And the sun has started coming out intermittently

Comment

Working...
                      X