• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top-up walk briskly walked, green and red rings closed

Feels a bit chilly out, but nice enough despite that

Comment

Tea has been a roast beef dinner, and extremely nice it was

The beef joint is bigger than I realised it was when I bought it - about 3½lbs. I think I'll slice some of the remainder to freeze, and chop the rest up to make a pan of scouse

Comment

Quiet evening. Work was halted shortly before 7.30pm on account of me being hungry.

Trying to figure out where the option has gone to add a programme to 'My List' on the Channel 4 website. Doesn't seem to be a browser issue and I even turned off my ad and script blockers in case it was that. Confusingly, the option is mentioned on their help pages but the button they describe is not visible.

Comment

TFBSZ
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Quite a bit of viewing tonight as I started at teatime with that show where they buy an old car and do it up as cheaply as they can before flogging it to some hapless punter, the car in this case being a Lincoln Continental. This was followed by the Australian goldminers, and then the bloke who goes around stocking his antiques shop

Then a new Traffic Cops during and after dinner

And finally the Air Crash Investigation into El Al Flight 1862, which crashed into an apartment block in Amsterdam after taking off from Schipol on 4 October 1992. As it happens, that was the same day that my Dutch former partner travelled to England for the first time to take up her au pair job; she said it was quiet weird to have left The Netherlands and arrived in a strange country, only to find The Netherlands all over the news looking like a war zone

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
              Overcast but dry out, 9oC
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Grey.

Damp.

Dreary.

Sunless.

Cold in here at 12.2 deg.

1011 mBar, 29.85 in Hg, 758.3 Torr, 14.66 psi, (more or less unchanged from last night), 70% RH.

Thursday.

The recycling & waste disposal engineers made their merry trip along the road earlier, creating enough of a racket for me to be aware of it.

Should have put out a binbag & the recycling but couldn't be arsed since it was cold, dark, & raining at the time.

And now the overwhelming joy of it all is increased dramatically by the ceaseless drizzle.

Freecell score (this box): 100%, running average 88%.

Freecell score (other box): 86%, running average 84%.

Lunch: leek & potato soup with Morrisons wholemeal sunflower & spelt bread, bramble jelly & marmalade sandwiches on same, yellow corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: some odd R4 story.

I see a report that a diet of lentils, beans, nuts, and suchlike increases lifespan by 10 years.

It doesn't really.

It merely seems that way. Due to the overwhelming tedium of it all.

The drizzle stopped.

The walk (unabbreviated) got walked.

Even hints of sun since I had a shadow at one point.

They're busy next door again.

Had a gander at The Middle of Lidl but I think I can control my urge to buy Yet More Spanners.

Tea: chilli con carne with rice, some fruit cocktail, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Dirk Bogarde.

Quantum Leap S5 E18 "Goodbye Norma Jean": the Marilyn Monroe one.

Thing about the director John Singleton on Sky Arts.

Trucking Hell S5 E15. Probably sans Rory. I wonder if he got fed up with it.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 10 March 2022, 21:13.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny start out and mild at 11°C with 13° expected later; though so is more cloud. Barometers trivially up at 1008/1015mB

Comment

Morning all

Lovely sunny day out today. Currently 11 degrees with a high of 14 expected. Barometer up a tiny weenie bit to 1017 mBar.

Was up and started work before 8am in anticipation of a plumber arriving any time from 8am (they've just arrived). Turns out it's a gas safety check today and not a boiler service.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Morning all

Lovely sunny day out today. Currently 11 degrees with a high of 14 expected. Barometer up a tiny weenie bit to 1017 mBar.

Was up and started work before 8am in anticipation of a plumber arriving any time from 8am (they've just arrived). Turns out it's a gas safety check today and not a boiler service.
                      Surely they should be doing both at the same time?

Mind you if they separate them 2 call out fees for the landlord to pay...
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X