• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Link are up

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Link are up
      Links, even

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

I added an extra half a mile or so to try to get back to actually losing weight rather than maintaining it. This took me through a neighbourhood I haven't visited on foot for many years, possibly since the 1980s. I'm not sure whether it's even less salubrious now than it was then, or I've just got higher standards. The small number of people I passed in the five minutes or so I was there certainly didn't come across as well-to-do, or even housed.

But I suppose in some ways it's maybe even improved though, when I think back to the state of some of the rented flats that were around in those days. I still wouldn't recommend it as an area to buy property in, not even as a BTL

Comment

Surgery just phoned to reschedule my blood tests next week from Monday at 9:15 to Tuesday at 8:15

Comment

Have you got the latest issue of Viz yet Fizzy Knickers?
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              Have you got the latest issue of Viz yet Fizzy Knickers?
              I got it the week before last, but I think a new one's come out since then

Comment

Tea: chicken madras with rice and naan. Very tasty

Comment

TFBSZ
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

HWMBO is back in Glasgow.

Dinner was the remainder of various left overs.

Parentals phoned to apologise for not calling at the weekend (not that I was expecting them to call) and to tell me they had no news to share.

Bins have been trundled.

I haven't done my Portuguese homework, and I can't even remember what it is.

Must remember to get up in time to get to the dentist in the morning. Rather than shuffling across the flat by 9am, I have to do a 15-20 minute walk instead. Maybe that will kick start me into doing a morning walk each day before I start work (unlikely).

Comment

Tonight's entertainment whilst dining was another new episode of Traffic Cops

After which I decided I wasn't in the mood for any more telly, and turned instead to Pepys' Diaries, where I finished off July 1665 and also read August and September. This was a busy few months for Sam; not only was he having to get his family (wife and servants and, later, himself) to somewhere outside London because of the Plague, he also felt the need to put his financial affairs in order by calling in various loans and investments so that he could, in turn, put his will in order (Plague again). And he was also extremely busy in his work because of the naval war with the Dutch that had just kicked off big time.

But by the end of September they were all still alive in lodgings at Woolwich, he was worth over £2000 most of which he had in ready cash, and he was in line to make a killing on dealings in prizes captured from the Dutch East India fleet

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X