• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The clouds have cleared and the sun has come out. There's now just lumps of fluff in the sky interrupting the blue. Chilly though, with one of those lazy breezes that requires a bit of wrapping up against.

Comment

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        The clouds have cleared and the sun has come out. There's now just lumps of fluff in the sky interrupting the blue. Chilly though, with one of those lazy breezes that requires a bit of wrapping up against.
        Much the same here but, thanks to this timely warning about the wind, I remembered to grab a scarf on the way out. Definitely needed it

Comment

Mundane laundry on

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Mundane laundry on
            Mundane laundry done

Comment

Tea has been a thick-cut ribeye steak with fried onion, chips and beans

Comment

Major motion picture premiere: Resident Evil: Afterlife (2010) which is the fourth of these and, like the others, pretty good really. The further one gets through this series, the more one concludes that the critics were dismissive because they felt films based on games were somehow beneath them, or (and I wouldn't be surprised) because they resented them having a female action star. It may not be the best film ever made, but it's good enough to be going on with

And then a rewatch of American Psycho (2000) because something reminded me of it recently.

Finally, I went to watch E1 of Manhunt: The Night Stalker (TV Series 2019) having somehow ignored the fact that, as I've said before, these ITV true crime dramatisations are so good that one simply can't stop watching them once one has started. So, inevitably, I ended up staying up long enough to watch the whole thing; all four episodes

But it was worth watching

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning.

Grey.

Sunless.

Dry.

Colder at 13.4 deg in here.

1019 mBar, 30.09 in Hg, 764.3 Torr, 14.779 psi, 64% RH.

Saturday. Another long, dark, teatime of the soul

Walk (unabbreviated) walked.

Looks like the fisherpersons are ensconced at the res, with the pile of tins getting larger by the hour.

Quite chilly out there, with a lazy wind.

I see the annual oval ball nonsense commences this afternoon, which makes it a good time to go shopping.

Shopping trip to Morrisons done, dusted, washed, dried, sanitised & put away.

Good to see the BBE on the bread is Monday.

The oval ball nonsense seems to imply another year of wooden spoonery to look forward to.

Entertainment: Bab5 S3 E2 "Convictions": the mad bomber one.

Bab5 S3 E3 "A day in the strife": wherein an alien probe of unknown origin appears and G'Kar is summoned back to Narn.

Bab5 S3 E4 "Passing through Gethsemane": wherein a brainwiped murderer is found to be a monk. Mr Garibaldi seems to be in favour of Ole Sparky as an alternative punishment. <- The occupant of said chair.

Bab5 S3 E5 "Voices of authority": wherein The Great Machine has one of its rather rare appearances (most of which I've completely forgotten about).

Tea:spag with fiery bol (last portion, new batch cooking next week), a pear half, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

More Ancient Astronaut bollox on Blaze: Immortality, mana, ambrosia, etc. cattle mutilation, exsanguination.

Next: Ancient Alien Tattoos. Feck me, this lot look more alien than the s and s.

Very odd, though quite inneresting in its way: the injection of near field id chips & stuff, conductive ink tattoos, a similar madness, apparently its all down to Ancient Aliens modifying our DNA back in the day. Or something.

Bab5 S3 E6 "Dust to Dust": wherein G'Kar becomes telepathic under the influence of a Psy Corps invented drug, which didn't do Molari or Vir a power of good, all in all.

Irritatingly enough, this dvd has a mark on it which irritated me a bit since the player ground to a halt for a while.

Freecell score: 100% (of 5), running average 84%.

In other other news, it's pissing down, the rain having started at about 18:00 or so.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 5 February 2022, 23:15.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Afternoon all

Blue sky, dry. 10 degrees ('feels like' 7) and it might make it up to 11. Barometer up to 1019 mBar. Rain expected overnight.

Yesterday evening, HWMBO and I went over to Battersea for a dinner at Cinnamon Kitchen featuring a number of past MasterChef winners. Food was excellent, it was great to chat to the chefs and find out their plans too. For a change, we went down to Cadogan Pier to get the RB6 river boat one stop to Battersea Pier. Then it was just a matter of a short walk around the now very gentrified area to find our destination for the evening and a wine bar in which to wait for the doors to open.

I may have to step up my nagging of TfL to expand the RB6 service. It runs from Putney to Canary Wharf but only operates weekday mornings and evenings. I fail to believe there isn't demand, especially in the summer and weekends, from people wanting to use it. I can understand that the owners / residents of Cadogan Pier not really wanting the great unwashed hanging around their expensive moorings but that's just one stop out of several on the route.

Back to today. Had a nice long lie in then put some washing on, which is on its final spin, and generally pottered about.

Comment

Working...
                      X