• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knocked off for the day, popped ribs in the oven on ultra-low heat to cook for ~3 hours, and settling down to watch the Apple Event™

Comment

A local village shop is about to close, and in an effort to keep it going, the local community are trying to buy it.

In an effort to be more community minded, I've just bought £1k of shares in it.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green and red rings closed

It's not that cold out in principle, but it felt colder than it is

Comment

There's a car transporter stopped over the road while the driver goes along it with one of those height measuring sticks you see on Trucking Hell, checking if it will fit under the railway bridge

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            There's a car transporter stopped over the road while the driver goes along it with one of those height measuring sticks you see on Trucking Hell, checking if it will fit under the railway bridge
            It did

Close though; I reckon he only had a few inches to spare, and he took it very slowly

Comment

Tea, after all the car transporter excitement, was ribs and chips; and very nice too

Comment

Work was busy. I didn't get done what I wanted to do which vexed me greatly.

I have evidently upset someone somewhere as my client has extended me for a further month. I told the consultancy that after this project is finished I am definitely done and will be moving on.

Portuguese classes are on week 8 of 10 and I don't feel like I've picked much up. I am very much hoping that some kind of penny drops and I suddenly figure out how to properly string a sentence together.

Comment

Telly, after some Australian gold diggers while I dined, was S1E1 of The Real Peaky Blinders on iPlayer, this first episode covering the history of street gangs in the Victorian period and the beginning of the move away from petty crime based around neighbourhood rivalries towards organised crime in the early twentieth century. Quite interesting

And then the Air Flight Investigation into the unfortunate end of Atlantic Southeast Airlines Flight 2311; one of those that proved to be the result of what might have seemed a fairly reasonable engineering assumption which was wrong

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny start out again, after a warmer night; currently 8°C with 13° expected, with the barometers trivially up at 1006/1014mB

Comment

Morning all

Sun shining here, but raining to the north.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X