• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning.

Grey.

Damp.

Dreary.

Sunless.

Cold in here at 12.1 deg.

1010 mBar, 29.83 in Hg, 757.56 Torr, 14.65 psi, (unchanged from 1010 and a bit last night), 69% RH.

Wednesday.

Shopping trip to Morrisons done, dusted, washed, dried, sanitised & put away.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked, got quite warm, then got cold again.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toast, bramble jelly & marmalade sandwiches, a red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: TWAO: until the endless doom became too much and <click> ensued.

House roughly vacced in a no doubt vain attempt to keep the level of filth down a bit.

Raining.

Tea: chicken in white sauce with rice n peas, some fruit cocktail, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Donald Sutherland.

Quantum Leap S5 E17 "Revenger of the Evil Leaper".

Treadstone S1 E8 "The McKenna Erasure". More ultraviolence.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 9 March 2022, 19:01.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Dull and overcast but dry. Currently 10 degrees ('feels like' 8) with a high of 12 later. No precipitation forecast. Barometer up to 1017 mBar.

My first coffee tasted peculiar but I drank it anyway. If you don't hear from me...

Comment

My first coffee tasted peculiar but I drank it anyway. If you don't hear from me...
        That's a funny coincidence. Me and loony lady 1 had latte coffees in pub yesterday and they both tasted peculiar, reminded us of cleaning fluid. The Russian agents are at work again.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I'm still alive

For now.

Smalls and tops have been laundered and hung out.

Comment

It feels warmer out than the last couple of days because the sky is that lovely shade of grey.

Lunch had.

Rubbish emptied.

Realise I haven't got anything for tea so have to walk to the supermarket later.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Lunch: Scotch broth and multiseed bread

Comment

Just popped up to the pharmacy for the monthly prescription. Got a surprising amount of the green ring done - turns out standing in a queue counts as a workout

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  I'm still alive

For now.

Smalls and tops have been laundered and hung out.
                  Are you not at the QI recording?
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Are you not at the QI recording?
                    No that was last week.

Comment

This afternoon is going so well that I've cracked open a 200g bar of Galaxy chocolate to help see me through it.

Comment

Working...
                      X