• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Unsure, there used to be a tree that overhung a corner of the house, maybe from that, or up through a hole somewhere. Someone suggested that they might have climbed the cavity walls.
    Loctite an apple air tag to one of 'em and then release it in yer back garden

Comment

Someone suggested that they might have climbed the cavity walls.
      That's how a mouse or mice got into the back bedroom here.

Couldn't understand why the then undead cat was so innerested in the back bedroom and the corner next to the airing cupboard in particular.

Then I found the gnawings at the bottom of another builtin wardrobe.

Traps soon sorted that, then the cavity wall cavity was filled with polystyrene beads.

I remember finding a very dead rat in next door's loft many years ago. Presumably came up the stench pipe & jumped onto the roof.

Meanwhile on the 30th of April 2019 someone (MS) became an Octochamp WhateverTF that might be.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 23 February 2023, 19:20.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        Won't be able to do anything except online soon, 7 shops and 2 banks recently closed or closing in high street of my local town. Earwig.

How do rodents manage to get up there? Are they using drones or something?
        Given the amount of money this clientco is spending on their new teller desktop systems I don't think banks are closing all their branches. Just the infrequently used ones.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Tea: chicken madras with rice and naan

Comment

The car earlier was a Dodge Charger, which is silly because it's far too big for over here. I forgot to look up its details, so no idea if it's still going

And the gold diggers did their usual thing.

Later, it turned into Ukraine night on iPlayer: first, Panorama: Ukraine's War Diaries and then Mariupol: The People's Story

Friday tomorrow!

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey day out but slightly milder than was predicted, being 7°C with 9° due later; the barometers are back down a bit at 1001/1009mB

A rather unsettled night's sleep was had, though I'm not sure why. Various odd dreams weren't actually disturbing or even perturbing, yet kept half-waking me occasionally. All a bit of a nuisance really, but at least it's Friday

Comment

Morning all

Bright-ish but cloudy. Currently 2 degrees with a high of 9 expected. Rain forecast over lunchtime with a bit of sunshine late afternoon. Barometer down again to 1014 mBar.

Coughed a lot overnight but could breathe for a change. Awoke this morning feeling 85% alive so am back at work for a gentle catch up rather than a hectic one on Monday morning.

Comment

Totals so far:
                    Mice 30, Shrews 9
                    Total for the last 7 days: Mice 20, Shrews 5

There’s at least one more mouse in the roof.
                    Last 7 days: Mice 17, Shrews 2
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      The car earlier was a Dodge Charger, which is silly because it's far too big for over here. I forgot to look up its details, so no idea if it's still going
                      It is, doing 100 to 200 miles per year when the owner finds a road wide enough to drive on, taxed to April, MOT free.

Morning.

Friday.

Grey.

Wanly sunny.

Colder in here at 11.3 deg, 11 deg in the kitchen, 7 deg in the leanto.

1013 mBar, 29.914 in Hg, 759.8 Torr, 14.69 psi, (down from 1018 last night), 73% RH (GDR hair), 65% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 30th of April 2019, the meaning of "Octochamp" was explained..

Walk (abbreviated) walked in the grey gloom. It drizzled a bit in case we were overheating, like.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast, bramble jelly and marmalade on toast, red unpippy corner yog, 0.91*1.57 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: whatever replaces Y&Y on a Friday: this week about the riot outside the asylum hotel in that Liverpool. It went <click>.

Stone me those dining chairs my parents bought are expensive these days.

Freecell score: 81%, running average 85%. Definitely zoned out.

It rained.

Tea: soup & rice thing, the last of the pear halves, a yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM.

It rained again. The sky went A Very Strange Colour.

Wheeler Dealers S8 E7 DeLorean. Bought: $15k5, £9650, Total: £14,715, Sold: £20,500. No number plate so no further details. .

No Joy of Painting, so no Whispering Bob this evening.

Who do you think you are? Emma Willis whoever she is.

Dial 999: that 1959 thing from Lord Russian Emigre. "Death Ride": Naughty man offs his wife by tampering with the brakes on the Morris Traveller she's driving far too fast. Nice selection of cars: Wolseley 6-80, said Morris Traveller (did they have a tick tock clock? yes it did apparently), Humber of some description (Inspector's car), and a large Vauxhall of some description..

Baldrick walking through history: the Highlands.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 24 February 2023, 21:10.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X