• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Last 7 days: Mice 17, Shrews 2
    Good thing you haven't got bats up there:

https://www.hastings.gov.uk/environm...ent%20or%20not.

PS I've got a T Rex in mine but no problems so far.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

It is, doing 100 to 200 miles per year when the owner finds a road wide enough to drive on, taxed to April, MOT free.
      And probably getting through half the annual oil production of Kuwait just to cover those miles

Just popped over to the idyllic compound where the bins live with the recycling and general waste. It's a bit nippy out for just a t-shirt, though I think the sun might be coming out in a bit. None of the usual crowd were out on the lawn. I think the crows often show up there around lunchtime, and some magpies. The squirrels seem to often spend the morning around the neighbouring gardens out the back and come over here in mid-afternoon. No idea why

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Chicken tikka breast slices in a wholemeal bap with a bag of plain crisps
        And again

Still all quiet on the lawn out front

Comment

It came over a bit dark a while ago but no rain in the immediate vicinity. The sun then came out and the blind had to be drawn.

Late lunch is a fresh-baked ciabatta roll with chicken, cucumber and coleslaw accompanied by a packet of bacon Wheat Crunchies.

Comment

Right, that's me done for the week - let the weekend commence!

I got a bit distracted earlier when I noticed three Commando war story comics in a box in the office. This box was one I retrieved from my parents' loft a few years ago but haven't unpacked yet. Priced at 1/- each, they're from circa 1964 (D. C. Thomson didn't put a copyright date on that one but it's number 115), 1968, and 1970. It's likely at least one, and possibly all, were written by my Dad; he got sent a free copy of the ones he wrote, and passed them on to my brother and I

But the 1970 one might have been bought by my brother, who had the idea of seeing what ones not written by him were like around that time. And the early one could even have been bought by my Dad when he was first planning to give writing them a try, so he could get the hang of the style. D. C. Thomson has a longstanding policy of never putting writer or artist credits on their comics, so it's hard to say for sure

Comment

Tea: pork cutlets with chips and beans

The car was a DeLorean, and they didn't bother with trivial formalities such as registering it in the UK before flogging it to an enthusiast, so who knows if it's still going - though it probably is, because you don't buy something like that unless you're in it for the long haul

And some of the gold diggers were having trouble with poachers coming on their leases at night. A late night stakeout resulted in a confrontation with a young couple who were detecting, and when it looked like the bloke might have a pop at Greg, he warned him off by snarling "Don't mix up your ambitions with your capabilities" which I thought was a very elegant way of putting it in the heat of the moment

The antiques bloke has just spouted some sententious stuff about why he's selling his shop. I wasn't really paying attention, so I don't know if he mentioned that his wife had recently dumped him and he presumably needs the money for the divorce settlement; possibly not

Comment

TFBSZ
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Tonight saw two - two! - major motion picture premieres, starting with She Said (2022) about the NY Times reporters uncovering the Harvey Weinstein story; nice to watch it just after he's been sentenced to even more time, which should ensure he definitely never gets out. Unfortunately, it's no The Post, Spotlight, or All the President's Men. But it's good stuff, and worth a watch

And then Ambulance (2022). It's a heist movie! It's formulaic! It's cliché-ridden! It's a load of old pony in many ways, but entertainment enough if that's what you're in the mood for

Finally, a couple more episodes of The West Wing. The one-character-at-a-time finding out he's got MS can get a bit tedious; I think it's not too far from when they just say bollocks to it and tell everyone, which will be about time

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Saturday.

Bats in the loft? Nah.

Dry.

Sunny.

Cold in here at 11.5 deg, 11 deg in the kitchen, 8 deg in the leanto, 4 deg in the salting house.

1017 mBar, 30.03 in Hg, 762.8 Torr, 14.75 psi, (up from 1014 last night), 73% RH (GDR hair), 67% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 30th of April 2019 NF was contacted about a job in Derby, MS child #2 got a new job away from the evil boss they didn't like at the old job, while I had M&S chunky haddock for tea, after which I watched a film of which I have absoluckingfutely no recall whatever.

Xogg was looking forward to appearing on streetview. Some years later I appeared on streetview as I staggered down to Morrisons on a shopping expedition.

Smalls in the WM.

Smalls out of the WM (apart from the one that got away) and pegged out on the line.

Shirts in the WM.

The earth didn't move for me last night though it did for some:

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/earthquake...010300385.html

Whereas the one a few years ago was very obvious.

Shirts out of the WM & pegged out on the line.

Cottons in the WM.

Walk (abbreviated) walked in the sunshine & cold wind.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese and baked beans, a red pippy corner yog, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of toast, 0.91*1.57 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Money Box, The News Quiz.

Finally remembered that the WM Cotton load had completed about 45 minutes earlier, so cottons pegged out on the line.

Shirts in off the line and roughly iRoned whilst listening to "The Infinite Monkey Cage".

Had to move the BT thingie to get a clearer view from the salting house to stop this box buffering all the time and irritating the crap out of me.

Forgot about the Wheeler Dealers that was on at 15:00 which might have been one I wasn't world perfect on.

Freecell score: 88%, running average 85%.

Cottons in off the line, those that required the iRon got the iRon, all airing over the banisters now.

Tea: the final portion of bol with spag, some apricot halves, a yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM. whatever that Nick Robinson twat was waffling on about.

Turned TV on. Couldn't find anything. Turned TV off. Even the Ancient Aliens bollox didn't appeal, having been watched before.

A repeated ep of Am Dro on S4C.

The Four Just Men on Talking Pictures: "Dead Man's Switch", 1959. This one Richard Conte is leading. Another of Lord Russian Emigre's productions.

Ancient Unexplained Files on Quest: Inca mummies of children found 22,000 feet up on a volcano:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Childr...Chile%20border.

Cave in the Altai region of Siberia: green bracelet possibly made by Denisovans:

https://www.archaeology.org/news/327...sovan-bracelet

Mayan pyramid temple in the Yucatan.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_Castillo,_Chichen_Itza

It's aligned on a cross! Must be the Knights Templar (South America branch).

Umbria. Children's cemetery. Vampire burial! Skeleton with stone stuffed in the mouth.

http://www.thehistoryblog.com/archives/52921

UK hill fort with associated Roman siege camp.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burnswark_Hill

There's as much energy in one of the slingshots as there is in a 44 Mag bullet. That could make your eyes water a bit.

All part of those nice Romans attempting to acquire the Scottish borders (or Pictish Borders) after building Hadrian's Wall via the Antonine Wall.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 25 February 2023, 23:04.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X