• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning.

Thursday.

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Drizzly.

Sunless.

Chilly in here at 13 deg, 13 deg in the kitchen, 13 deg in the leanto.

1000.5 mBar, 29.545 in Hg, 750.436 Torr, 14.511 psi, (up from 997.5 last night), 75% RH (GDR hair), 74% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 16th of May 2019 I was doing "work" despite the lamp blowing in the illuminated magnifier, while mudskipper's friend was doing very well on the telly, and NF had taken about 6 feet of redundant magazines down to the car prior to disposal.

Now wondering what the bag of onions in this morning's dream meant. .

Walk (abbreviated) walked in the grey gloom. It rained on me at one point. Looks like rivers of water have descended the hill recently.

Lunch: baked potatoes (small) with cheese and baked beans, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of lightly toasted toast, red pippy corner yog, 0.91*1.51 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Gap Finders: chap who sells redundant equipment for the MOD etc. Sliced Bread on Sliced Bread.

Shopping trip to Boots (the discount thingies expired yesterday), the bank, and Morrisons.

Freecell score: 91%, running average 85%.

Tea: chilli con carne with rice, the last of the pear halves, a yog, 0.91*1.51 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM.

Wheeler Dealers S10 E6 1999 TVR Cerbera V8 with a rusty chassis. Bought: £8k, total: £, sold: £.

Innerestingly enough it didn't have an MOT from 2009 to 2012, presumably when WD bought it. Currently SORN, MOT expired in 2020.

Half of that Wild West Chronicles thing: the Dolan Gang: the Wild Bunch.

Some UFO bollox on Blaze.

The Directors: Ridley Scott. Hadn't seen that one before.

Craig Charles: UFO conspiracies: Wales: The Pentyrch Incident.

Finished the Star Trek in myth & leg end book. It wasn't terrifically inneresting.

What was inneresting was how little of STNG I remember.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 30 March 2023, 22:21.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Morning all
      Morning! How's the foul plague today?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Morning! How's the foul plague today?
        Slept fairly well, and breathing a little easier today. I'm almost thinking I'm over the worst of it.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Slept fairly well, and breathing a little easier today. I'm almost thinking I'm over the worst of it.
          Fingers crossed!

Comment

In other news, at the weekend we noticed sparrows were getting into the summerhouse by flying through a gap at the top of the eaves. Rather than just block the gap with a piece of wood, I decided to quickly construct two sparrow houses (semi-detached) and put them up in front of the gap. It blocks the entrance, and gives them somewhere to live, should they so desire.
            Normally, you build a house and wait a few weeks or months for it to be checked out.
            Not this time.

Got them flying in and out a lot this morning, to the point that I need to move a camera to see what they are up to.

Comment

I seem to have developed a cold. It had better not be the other thing again.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                I seem to have developed a cold. It had better not be the other thing again.

Have you been posting too close to my posts?

Comment

Have you been posting too close to my posts?

Comment

The mouse jiggler has been found!

Bizarrely, despite me moving my keyboard several times, I spotted it poking out from under said keyboard.

Comment

Currently watching a video on rice cookers.

People pay over £100 for one.

The rice takes twice as long to cook than in a saucepan.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X