• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning.

Friday.

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Wet.

Curiously unWindy.

Chilly in here at 13.7 deg, 15.5 deg in the kitchen (thermometer a bit close to the kettle), 13.5 deg in the leanto.

984 mBar (up from 982 untapped), 29.0575 in Hg, 738.06 Torr, 14.27171 psi, (down from 987 last night), 75% RH (GDR hair), 73% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 17th of May 2019 I bought a lightbulb from Wilko for £1.25 (now about double the price, that's inflation for you), NF was disposing of a musty coat with a 25 year old bus ticket in the pocket, WTFH was being rained on, SimonMac had a permie interview and Xogg had a bmi in the 200,000 range.

Oh, and those nice EyeTea people had informed me that my uni account would be terminated on the 31st of May, as indeed it was at 23:59:59.

Freecell score in the grey gloomy ennui of the morning: 86%, running average 85%.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of toast, yellow actually a red corner yog, 0.91*1.51 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: TWATO: burn the witch!

Freecell score in the grey gloomy wet ennui of the afternoon: 97% (of 36), running average: 85% (85.2%).

Tea: battered chunky cod, some peach slices, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM. Burn the witch!

Wheeler Dealers S10 E6 1972 Lamborghini Uraco: bought: £21,380, total: £27,236, sold: £35k. MOT ran out in 2015, SORN. Probly in a museum/collection. £2k5 for a clutch. .

No Baldrick this evening. It's the Ancient Aliens nutjobs instead.

One has just noticed that tomorrow's Saturday morning Wheeler Dealer extravaganza is Land Rover & Range Rover themed from start to finish:

S3 E11&12 Range Rover.
    S8 E3 Range Rover P38. watched recently.
    S7 E8 V8 Land Rover Defender. watched back in feb.
    s10 E3 Range Rover Mk3. watched recently.
    S13 E7 Land Rover Series IIA. watched recently.
    Wheeler Dealers On the Road S5 E4 1981 Series III Stage 1 Land Rover.

Dial 999: "Fashion in crime" 1958. Forgot this was on so only caught the tail end of it.

Freecell score: 100% (of 30), running average: 85% (85.21%)
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 1 April 2023, 11:26.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Morning all
      A dry cough kept me awake most of the night, but otherwise things seem to be settling down.
      On top of this, The WifeTM has tested negative, which is 10 days since she first felt ill and tested positive.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

On top of this, The WifeTM has tested negative, which is 10 days since she first felt ill and tested positive.

Comment

Dentist done. Due to the local anaesthetic I can't feel my nose, which is making blowing it, or even determining if it needs blowing, quite a challenge.

Comment

I was testing positive for ten days or so too. Makes a mockery of any advice about being able to go out and about once you've been symptom-free for three days, or whatever it was

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              NF was disposing of a musty coat with a 25 year old bus ticket in the pocket
              I found said bus ticket on a shelf of assorted bits while I was moving, and finally took the difficult decision to throw it out

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

I was testing positive for ten days or so too. Makes a mockery of any advice about being able to go out and about once you've been symptom-free for three days, or whatever it was
                The current advice is:
                • try to stay at home and avoid contact with other people for a further 5 days after your positive test if you are 18 or over
                So, test once when you first come down with it, then head out 5 days later, whether you still have it or not.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I was still testing positive two weeks after symptoms first appeared. My first clear test was at 19 days but I may have been clear earlier as I wasn't doing daily tests.

Comment

Sainsbury's has been gone to and assorted items procured

I don't think I saw one other person wearing a mask

It's been raining off and on, but that hasn't interfered with the constant hive of activity on the front lawn. Eight pigeons out there just now, and the male blackbird from the hedgerow hopping about amongst them!

Comment

…and weekend

The bed is currently airing, and the mattress has been flipped for good measure. And the mundane laundry has been laundered and is drying

Most importantly, my timesheet has been approved

Comment

Working...
                      X