• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all (local time 0617)

Sunny with occasional fluff. Currently 23 degrees with a high of 29 later.

It's our last morning on O'ahu island and we will be heading for an approx 30.hour stay on Maui around lunchtime.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Morning all (local time 0617)

Sunny with occasional fluff. Currently 23 degrees with a high of 29 later.

It's our last morning on O'ahu island and we will be heading for an approx 30.hour stay on Maui around lunchtime.
      Have fun, and don't let the volcanoes get uppity

Comment

Tea has been the leg and some other bits of the Big Chicken with chips and ketchup

I need to decide what to do with the rest of it. I have a lot of soup in reserve, so maybe another hotpot

Comment

No car or gold hunters tonight; instead, whilst dining and after, I watched the remaining episode of the aircraft carrier thing. Lots of stirring stuff at the end about how wonderful it is, despite the fact that it wouldn't actually have any aircraft to carry for at least two years after that

And so to bed, where I finally finished Sam Pepys' diary for 1666. To paraphrase his reflections on 31st December: well, what a year that was!

Summer Solstice Eve here and now, but I doubt I'll be rising to greet the dawn as I'm far too knackered

Goodnight all

Comment

Afternoon all (local time 1705)

We are now in Wailea, Maui. It's hot and humid. Got a room upgrade but the signage in the resort is terrible so I got rather grumpy of traipsing around trying to find our room.

The main annoyance is that the local restaurants shut at 8pm and the menus are uninspiring. What do people do of an evening? The hotel doesn't even have a bar.
            Last edited by ladymuck; 21 June 2023, 16:40. Reason: speling

Comment

Morning denizens

Happy Summer Solstice!

Sunny start here after the last few days of gloomy beginnings. Up to 15°C now, with a high of 23°, and the barometers are back up a bit at 1002/1010mB

Comment

Morning.

Wednesday.

Damp.

Wanly sunny.

Grey.

Cooler in here at 22.2 deg, 23.5 deg in the kitchen, 21.5 deg in the leanto.

1009.8 mBar, 29.819 in Hg, 757.4 Torr, 14.646 psi, (up from 1006 last night).

Meanwhile on the 20th of June 2019 I was struck with the gripes, which I thought was caused by an excess of gooseberries.

Walk (abbreviated alternative route) walked in the sunshine and coolness of the forest.

Lots of little frogs/toads emerging.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on toasted crust of whatever that Morrisons bread is, bramble jelly & marmalade on slices of toast ditto, red corner yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Freecell score in the endless ennui of a retirement afternoon: 95%, running average: 85% (85.41%).

Read some more of the book about the Wilson government: Selective Employment Tax raised its head: as senseless a tax as one might wish to meet: comment form William Armstrong: "fecked if I know wot it's for" (to paraphrase). Now working up to devaluation of the pound. Wilson was a useless bugger it must be said, and devious with it. I'd forgotten the Seamen's Strike. They wanted their hours reduced from 56/wk to 40/wk but the Government wouldn't let it happen.

Entertainment: Trucking Hell S1 E8. Rory in this one, towing a refurbished bus back whence it came. Why not drive it back under its own power? Weird.

Tea: chicken in white sauce with rice n peas, some peach slices, a yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM.

Wheeler Dealers S13 E16: 1985 Maserati Bi-Turbo that's now electric. Why tubo'lard wanted that is beyond me. Bought: $2740, total: $22481, sold: $. Oh, the ironing, they're demonstrating the electric car at a solar farm that went bust in 2020, it's the one with shedloads of mirrors melting salt.

Joy of Painting with Whispering Bob Ross.

Joy of Painting with Whispering Bob Ross .

Buried Secrets of WWII on 5Select: Rome.

Bad Skin Clinic S5 E10: woman with psoriasis, treated with cyclosporin which didn't suit her but did knock it back. Chap with a umbilical hernia which proceeded to strangulate and was treated as an emergency. Scar was treated with laser. Woman with hyperkerototic eczema. Woman with lots of skin tags, duly removed by excision or laser for the little ones. Turned out to be prediabetic.

Dr Pimple Popper S5 E10: the continuation of last week's 'orrible legs bit: The Good Doctor gets on a plane & does A Home Visit. Who'd have thunk? Legs have improved a lot but she has vascular insufficiency which needs treatment elsewhere. Chap with a lipoma on the back of his head. Woman with a lump on her back: plexiform neurofibramatosis "bag of worms": excised.

Skin A&E. Still can't decide if I've watched this before. Woman with a lipoma on her upper arm. Woman with a warty nevus on her foot: excised. Chap with a tat on his back plus a lipoma: removal didn't damage the tat. Woman with a "mole" on her breast: seborheic keratosis: excised. Chap with a lump on his forehead. I've seen the "mole" before so this isn't as "new" as the EPG was implying.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 21 June 2023, 22:55.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  I had planned to pop round to Greggs for lunch on the way back, as it's just up the road, but it was closed

I didn't go there so often that they would have ceased to be profitable once I moved away, but it seems it's temporarily closed for refurbishment or something.
                  Alas! Greggs have announced that it's closed permanently

Comment

Lunch: a fish finger (chunky cod) bap (wholemeal) with red sauce

The hay fever is bad today. I even did a Covid test just to be on the safe side because of feeling like I had a sore throat coming on, but it came back negative

Comment

Old fart group walk followed by coffee in pub. Was actually another bloke in group today, that's unusual.
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X