• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally after a day of waiting the thunder storms are here

It is cooling down a lot.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

No thunderstorms here yet, though there's been a tiny bit of rain

Tea has been the leftovers from yesterday's Turkish mixed grill

Comment

And now strawberries with salted caramel ice cream

Comment

Today saw the usual Canadian border and New Zealand road stuff. Then later, an old episode of 24 Hours in A&E

Down below 20°C outside now, and the airflow through the flat with all the windows open seems to have worked to make things bearable in here

Early night now

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning.

Monday.

Grey.

Sunless.

Damp.

Dark.

Dreary.

Warm in here at 22 deg, 23.5 deg in the kitchen, 21.5 deg in the leanto.

1010 mBar, in Hg, Torr, psi, (unchanged), 70% RH (GDR hair), 71% RH (Lidl electric).

Telex machine glowing oh so very brightly, Roy, not helped much by waking at 05:35 yet afeckinggain.

Freecell score with eyes half closed at stupid o'clock: 88%, running average: 85%.

Meanwhile on the 15th of June 2019 the pigsties were attacked with a futile plan for changing them into a big shed (which still hasn't happened), whereas NF was buying Dylan CDs, and, as mentioned earlier, an MOT was passed.

Shopping trips to Tesco (34 bus out & back, the 38 was "Full" ) and Morrisons (shanks's pony) done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toasted crust, bramble jelly & marmalade on slices of too toasted toast, red corner yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: The Bottom Line (calm down Xogg, not that sort of bottom) waffling on about supermarket pricing & competition, Y&Y waffling on about the usual crap.

Stone me it's a bit close. Hot enough to boil a monkey's bum. As humid as a gorilla's armpit.

Freecell score in the ennui of yet another afternoon where I couldn't be arsed to find something useful to do: 89%, running average: 85%.

Thunderbolts & lightning, very very frightening, or it would be if it wasn't so far away.

Deadheaded the roses and did a bit of weeding, plus picked some of the very poor crop of raspberries.

For which I was rewarded with a fit of sneezing due, presumably, to the pollen count.

And now I'm rewarded with hives on my forearms from, presumably, the goosegrass.

Entertainment: Trucking Hell S1 E1: Rory! With a flat bed. during the beast from the east.

Tea: Pukka steak & kidney pie with baked beans and a baked potato, stewed gooseberries & custard, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM.

Strewth it's 24.8 deg in here currently.

Wheeler Dealers S13 E8 68 C3 Corvette in red. The tubo'lard is currently muted. Bought: $19,500, total: $21,530, sold: $26k. Oh it's the one with the 'Orrible 'Olley carb on it. It's got "double 'ump 'eads" on it too. Apparently this is A Good Thing. Fitting an electronic distributor and ignition coil. Oh. The 'Orrible 'Olley is a double pumper, the 2nd set of barrels don't have a functioning accelerator pump. And the throttle doesn't open fully on the primary, so it's working as a half arsed 2 barrel since the 2ndaries never open. Ah yes, the "I'm with stupid <--> t shirt". . The bodge on the windscreen wipers is epic. . Then the tubo'lard starts filling a crack in the wing with glassfibre filler, and replacing the refurbished brake calipers & new discs. Changed the plugs & the oil stem valve seals. Then five minutes or more of a pointless thrash across a desert.

I think I've been bitten by a horsefly judging by the lumps on my arms. .

NCIS S19 E16 "The wake". All about vultures.

Car SOS S10 E6 1993 Toyota Supra Mk4. Edd China guest appearance. . With a set of Japanese standard screwdrivers. And the "I'm with stupid <-->" t shirt.

Dan Do: 23:00 S4C. 'Tis a repeat. Monmouthshire ironworker's cottage right on the border with that England.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 12 June 2023, 22:02.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Quite a bit of high cloud this morning, shielding us from the heavenly orb to some extent, though it's still warm: currently 19°C with 27° likely later, barometers steady at 1003/1011mB, and a warning of possible thunderstorms until this evening

Comment

Hot and humid start to the day. Temperature rising and it looks like it'll be another scorcher.

A few heavy showers on Saturday, but they've not lasted and the outlook is for "sticky and uncomfortable" to continue.

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
                Bit of plumbing later.

I need to fit a shut-off valve to a live cold water pipe before I can fix the toilet in the main bathroom. I've no idea where the main stopcock is hence the phaf. TPITA.
                Well, who could have predicted how that would have turned out.

Found the stopcock though... eventually... needs must and all that...

---

Former member of IPSE.

---
                Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Good afternoon, Prague calling

Sunny with occasional lumps of fluff. Currently 21 degrees with a high of 22 expected with a gentle breeze

Our first night in Prague ended with a visit to an absinthe bar. Where will we end up this evening?

Comment

Been a busy morning due to a three-hour training session in some enterprise software relevant to ClientGov's interests, but links are finally up

And lunch was piri-piri chicken fillets in finger rolls with a bag of plain crisps

Just time to grab coffee before another meeting now

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
                      Hot and humid start to the day. Temperature rising and it looks like it'll be another scorcher.
                      26 / 27 oC currently. It's going to be a sticky night.
                      ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
                      Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Working...
                      X