• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Now to decide what to do for tea. Given the excessive warmth out, I'm tempted to outsource the effort and have something delivered
    And so it came to pass: mixed grill with chips from a Turkish restaurant across town. Extremely nice, and enough left over for a second meal

Comment

Tonight's major motion picture premiere was Whiplash (2014) in which a young music student who aspires to be a great jazz drummer has to cope with a hard taskmaster of a tutor. You need to like, or at least be able to tolerate, jazz for this one, but if you can then it's very good

And then one I saw many years ago on TV: Titanic (1997). I thought it was ridiculous; after all, everybody knows Titanic is unsinkable, so this iceberg stuff makes no sense at all

But seriously folks… yes, you need something like A Night to Remember for historical accuracy (to the extent that the history was accurate when that was made) but this is made for entertainment and really, it's very good at that. And the historical aspects scattered throughout are also fundamentally sound, and reflect our increased knowledge of what happened since the earlier film was made. So it's a win-win really

Goodnight all

Comment

everybody knows Titanic is unsinkable
        Of course it is, just fake news to rig the US election.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Morning.

Sunday.

Dry.

Wanly sunny.

Overcast.

UnCool in here at 21.8 deg, 23.5 deg in the kitchen, 22 deg in the leanto.

1010 mBar, 29.82528 in Hg, 757.56 Torr, 14.6488 psi, (up from 1009 last night), 69% RH (GDR hair), 70% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 14th of June 2019 NF was mourning the demise of local pubs while I was innerested (mildly) in the concerns over the financial state of Ye Newe Sloughe of Desponde which featured in the press.

Lunch: baked potatoes with cheese and baked beans, a yellow corner yog, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of toast, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Tea: Morrisons carrot and parsnip soup with Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed bread, stewed gooseberries and custard, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Warlock (1959): that Henry Fonda, Richard Widmark, and Anthony Quinn.

NZ Highway Cops. Loved the oik that drove into the tree.

NZ Motorway Patrol. Tie me doghouse down tight Bruce.

Trucking Hell S7 E1: back on Thursdays at 21:00.

The WWWC's Weird or What? tosh is on Blaze, pontificating about stuff that might happen in 2012 which didn't.

NASA's unexplained files S3 E2 on DMAX: the camera returned by Apollo 12 after 2 years on the moon complete with staph bacteria, some unidentified rocket stage that approaches every 20 years or so: 2010KQ. The shiny bits and the pyramid on Ceres. The curious photo of a "spaceman" next to one of the Martian robots.

America's book of Secrets with Lance Reddick: Hitler's acquisition of Mysterious Objects: the search for the Holy Grail. The Sword of Destiny. General Patton. The Monuments Men. Holy Roman Empire Crown Jewels.

The unexplained with the WWWC. Early pre Inca civilisation in Peru. Mound Builders in Illinois. Proper nutjobbery about pyramids in Antarctica and the poles shifting 18,000 years ago. The Sphinx & tunnel thereunder. Mysterious tunnels in Germany & Austria. Skara Brae in the Orkneys: stone circles, Stone Henge.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 11 June 2023, 22:10.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny day again, already up to 24°C and expected to reach 28°, though it exceeded expectations yesterday. The barometers remain on 1003/1011mB

The warm day yesterday seemed to go down well with one or more of the squirrels, with extensive and ebullient scampering going on down on the lawn. Hopefully there'll be more of the same today

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post

Of course it is, just fake news to rig the US election.
              Bloke down the pub reckons his mate's cousin who's in the CIA says Titanic is actually in a hangar in Area 51

Comment

Bloke down the pub reckons his mate's cousin who's in the CIA says Titanic is actually in a hangar in Area 51

Comment

Afternoon all

Cloudy but sunny. Currently 27 degrees with a high of 29 expected. Forgot to check the barometer before I left home.

Currently in LHR T3 in the Cathay Pacific lounge awaiting our flight to Prague. It's sunny there and 23/24 degrees.

Brunch was the Chinese breakfast set comprising congee, noodles and dim sum. Washed down with a very good bloody Mary.

Comment

That's wot they keep the Roswell Aliens inside*.

Meanwhile on the 15th of June 2019 there were no advisories on LM's car's MOT. Bit different from these days then. .

*As confirmed by 327 Ancient Aliens Researchers on Blaze.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 11 June 2023, 11:49.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Lunch has been a nice fry-up

Very warm now - almost up to 25°C in the living room with the windows open, but they're also letting in a nice cooling breeze

Comment

Working...
                      X