• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just back from late walk. Was supposed to go to volunteer party this evening but was feeling too tired & low. Rotten night last night.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Tonight's first major motion picture was one I last saw on TV in, I think, the 1970s, so definitely didn't remember very much of, so it might as well have been a premiere: The Dirty Dozen (1967). Cracking stuff, though possibly not entirely historically accurate

And then I remembered that I enjoyed Nobody (2021) when I watched it earlier this year. So I watched it again, and it is indeed excellent and well worth watching when it comes your way

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning.

Saturday apparently.

Entertainment: Robin Hood "The Haunted Mill" 1956. They don't make 'em like that any more. Complete with pie fight.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Wet.

Grey.

Sunless.

Cool in here at 18.7 deg, 20.5 deg in the kitchen, 18 deg in the leanto.

1005 mBar, 29.6776 in Hg, 753.81199 Torr, 14.58 psi, (down from 1010 last night), 72% RH (GDR hair), 71% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 30th of June 2019 Diver was investigating dinosaurs eating grass at the ungodly hour of 3 a.m. whereas NF was watching "The Dirty Dozen" for the first time in decades "Equity" (whatever the feck that is, oh, it's got Mrs Heisenberg in it, well there's a thing), whilst later in the day, for me, Sunday lunch was beef.

Freecell score: 100% (of 10), running average: 85%.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese & baked beans, yellow corner yog, bramble jelly & marmalade on slices of lightly toasted toast, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Dead Ringers.

NZ Motorway Patrol S13 E7. More drunks.

NZ Motorway Patrol S13 E8. Sleeping drunk in car on live lane and another asleep in a car on the hard shoulder. The most horrifying bit was the 3 point turn on a live motorway in the dark.

New (): "Sherlock Holmes and the Hound of the Baskervilles on Sky Arts.

That's the 1939 version by the way, plainly a definition of "New" that I'd not previously encountered.

Oh how curious, Richard Greene (Robin Hood mentioned above) also appears in the Hound of the Baskervilles.

I have several of those films but the presentation of Watson as a complete & utter buffoon makes them unwatchable.

Next batches of chilli con carne and bol duly cooked, cooling on the worktop before meeting the freezer.

Entertainment during the cooking: The Infinite Monkey Cage: S9: Risk, wherein Graham Garden fortells a viral infection, though one a good deal worse than the recent plague proved to be, followed by a curious R4 play about HIV & Aids with a discussion between the virus & a host.

That Welsh tv history thing about 1979 with the opera singer guy who does the insurance ads.

Oh, and a Weatherman Walking from 2014: The Great Orme, with a lady who was involved with the ancient copper mine archeology. Her baby is now approaching 10.

Tea: bol (hopefully not as fiery as the last lot) with spag, a yog, some currently undefined tinned fruit, and 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Happily enough, the bol was of adequate rather than extreme warmth this time. I wonder what the chilli will turn out like. .

Maigret S2 E2 "The Simple Case" 1961. Why does that seem unlikely? Just askin' like. . Even more curiously it's the same story as last Tuesday's epic, but shorter & in English with early 60s BBC sets <shake> <shake>. Plus Sgt Lucas who is invisible in that other production. Aha! Confuse us all by changing the killer. . This one had George Baker in it.

The four just men E29 "The man who wasn't there". Following on from Tuesday's E1, I wonder which this is. Lionel Jeffries in this one.

Project Nazi E6 on PBS. Gotterdammerung.

In other news, it's still raining. And chilly with it. I may fetch a gardening jumper to warm myself up (all other jumpers are vacuum packed).

What? Another Maigret on ITV3? Oh, it's the Mr Bean version. <click>
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 22 July 2023, 22:09.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Grey, rainy, and a bit breezy out there today. Currently 15°C with 17° expected later, a bit of a decline from the barometers at 996/1004mB, and the rain is expected to continue off and on into the night

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            Meanwhile on the 30th of June 2019 Diver was investigating dinosaurs eating grass at the ungodly hour of 3 a.m. whereas NF was watching "The Dirty Dozen" for the first time in decades, whilst later in the day, for me, Sunday lunch was beef.
            I think you'll find it was last night that I watched The Dirty Dozen

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

I think you'll find it was last night that I watched The Dirty Dozen
              Details, mere details. . .

Oddly I was rather more horrified by the bit where they put stuff down the bunker ventilators than I recall being half a century ago.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 22 July 2023, 12:42.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Lunch has been a sausage and bacon bap (white, no sauce), breakfast having been a couple of croissants with strawberry jam

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Details, mere details. . .

Oddly I was rather more horrified by the bit where they put stuff down the bunker ventilators than I recall being half a century ago.
                  Yes, I'd forgotten about that bit. Not very nice of them

Comment

Tea has been kebab and chips. Very nice, though they seem to have made the chilli sauce inordinately hot today, compared to usual

Comment

No premiere tonight, but a rewatch of Full Metal Jacket (1987), all about the demolition of Beckton gasworks. Good stuff

Early night now, perchance to get some stuff done tomorrow

It's still raining here

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X