• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tea, as was foretold, was a roast Big Chicken dinner

Still raining off and on here. Been at it all day

Comment

So sorry to hear NF

Today's achievement was doing bugger all.

But tomorrow is parkrun day, so will start the weekend with a burst of much needed activity.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        So sorry to hear NF
        Thanks. My sister just called: the hospital have just phoned and told her to come in straight away, as our Mum is struggling to breathe; she's going in while her husband goes and gets our Dad (he can't hear the phone, and it'll take him a while to get dressed and so on as he's pretty frail nowadays). So it looks like this may be it

I've offered to go down now, but I've already had a beer and a half and I'd probably not get there in time anyway, so I've been told not to risk it. Apart from anything else, Mum would be very cross that I'd driven after having a pint

Comment

My sister phoned from the hospital and our Mum was not really aware of stuff, but getting agitated and pulling off her oxygen mask. She held her phone to Mum's ear so I could talk to her; she was making some odd muttering noises but nothing comprehensible, but my sister said she seemed to react to my voice, so maybe I got through on some level

Later, another call to tell me that the priest had come and had given her the last rites. She probably wasn't aware of it, but it'll have been a comfort to our Dad.

No more news since then, but they probably haven't called me under the mistaken belief that I was asleep

Comment

Meanwhile, certain opal hunters did very well, which is nice for them.

Then a rewatch of Bridge of Spies (2015) which is very good. And then a rewatch of one I haven't seen in many years: Bridget Jones's Diary (2001) which is pretty good, but showing its age a bit.

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              My sister phoned from the hospital and our Mum was not really aware of stuff, but getting agitated and pulling off her oxygen mask. She held her phone to Mum's ear so I could talk to her; she was making some odd muttering noises but nothing comprehensible, but my sister said she seemed to react to my voice, so maybe I got through on some level

Later, another call to tell me that the priest had come and had given her the last rites. She probably wasn't aware of it, but it'll have been a comfort to our Dad.

No more news since then, but they probably haven't called me under the mistaken belief that I was asleep
              <— manly
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

NF

Morning.

Saturday.

Damp. Torrential earlier.

Sunny.

Windy.

Cool in here at 19.9 deg, 21.5 deg in the kitchen, 19.5 deg in the leanto.

992 mBar, 29.293 in Hg, 744.1 Torr, 14.3877 psi, (down from 995 last night), 71% RH (GDR hair), 69% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 28th of June 2019 there was more discussion of Diver's hand, while NF was innerested in the possibility that the landlord might unstick his windows.

Lunch: baked potato (not baked enough) with cheese & baked beans, a yog, bramble jelly & marmalade on slices of really toasted toast, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Freecell score: 95%, running average: 85%.

Tea: fiery bol (last portion thank feck) with spag, some peach slices, a yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM.

Maigret S2 E1 "Shadow Play" 1961. Amusing enough.

The 4 just men "The Grandmother" 1960.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 15 July 2023, 19:58.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

My Mum died at 1:30am. The agitation she'd been exhibiting had died down and she was quite peaceful at the end with no pain, which I suppose is as much as you can hope for

It's a grey day out, still raining until recently, and very windy. But there are patches of blue starting to appear here and there. Currently 16°C with 18° due later, the wind speed is around the 19mph mark ("Fresh breeze"), and the barometers are decidedly down at 985/992mB

Not sure yet if I'll head south later. My brother is already down there with my Dad, and everybody's pretty exhausted after last night - the hospital even insisted they pack up and take all my Mum's stuff with them there and then, and wouldn't let them deal with it in the morning. So I may leave it until tomorrow; I'll see how everybody is later

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Morning denizens

My Mum died at 1:30am. The agitation she'd been exhibiting had died down and she was quite peaceful at the end with no pain, which I suppose is as much as you can hope for

It's a grey day out, still raining until recently, and very windy. But there are patches of blue starting to appear here and there. Currently 16°C with 18° due later, the wind speed is around the 19mph mark ("Fresh breeze"), and the barometers are decidedly down at 985/992mB

Not sure yet if I'll head south later. My brother is already down there with my Dad, and everybody's pretty exhausted after last night - the hospital even insisted they pack up and take all my Mum's stuff with them there and then, and wouldn't let them deal with it in the morning. So I may leave it until tomorrow; I'll see how everybody is later
                    My sympathies to you and your family Nick. There is no message that I can leave that will make today any easier, but please let me wish you all the warmest of memories and brighter days to come, a.
                    ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
                    Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

For NF and family

Morning all

Blue sky with large chunks of fluff scurrying past, some depositing brief showers of rain. Very windy. Currently 18 degrees with a high of 20 expected. Risk of further rain dissipating. Barometer down to 1002 mBar.

HWMBO is on his way down from weegieland ahead of our trip starting tomorrow. Bed linen in the WM and the bed is airing. General tidy and clean up to do today/tomorrow so I don't feel like the place is a tip when I get back in 3 weeks time.

Comment

Working...
                      X