• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    pali

I knew it was coming, I just didn't have opportunity to snaffle it.

Comment

Morning denizens

Another grey start out, once again 10°C with an expected high of 18°, once again the barometers down a sliver at 1015/1023mB

Comment

Morning.

Thursday.

Sunny.

Bright.

Blue sky.

Cool in here at 19 deg, 21.5 deg in the kitchen, 18 deg in the leanto.

1020 and a tad mBar, 30.129 in Hg, 765.288 Torr, 14.798 psi (down from 1020 and two tads last night), 71% RH (GDR hair), 64% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 12th of June 2019 the weather was unborked so it was grey, dismal & damp, while there was discussion of red kites, the A14, Colin Dexter, and EBILs at exam boards.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the sunshine and cool breeze.

The gulley sucker seems to have ignored the blocked drains & cleaned the unblocked ones. Should be inneresting when the deluge returns.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese and baked beans, a yog, bramble jelly & marmalade on slices of toast, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y waffling on about professional snagging companies, Sliced Bread waffling on about nappies. . TWATO waffling on about something. The Inconvenience thing waffling on about something.

Much strimming of front lawn, or the bits that the bees ignore. It's gonna be a bitch to cut. Not sure this No Mow May is a good idea.

More strimming in the back garden & along next door's garden path. 3 or 4 very large, very spiky, thistles removed. Why would you leave those get so big? That's rhetorical, it's coz they're fecking idle.

Tea: chilli con carne with rice, some pear halves, a yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Wheeler Dealers S13 E1 Mercedes Benz 560 SL V8: bought: $6k (that's $5k less than asking), total: $13,930, sold: $21k. Changed the timing chain, tensioner, guides, fuel injectors, front valance & lights, rear bumper, removed the stainless steel spats on the wheel arches, changed the suspension springs and shox, changed the rubber subframe mounts, changed the wheels. MB was in excessive motormouth mode for this ep, and subtitles plus mute came in very handy. Don't understand how changing those federal bumpers and lights makes it road legal but there you go.

UFO bollox on Blaze.

More UFO bollox on Blaze with Craig Charles. All about Oumuamua, the 2017 interloper from the far beyond.

Utter indescribable bollox on Blaze: Skinwalker Ranch. Stone me I must be desperate. Last week they fired off more rockets.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 1 June 2023, 22:01.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Dull. Overcast. Windy. Currently 11 degrees ('feels like' 9) with a high of 19 expected. Cloud cover set to lift as the day progresses. Barometer down a touch to 1025 mBar.

Another day of people complaining beckons.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

I knew it was coming, I just didn't have opportunity to snaffle it.
            Sorry (not actually at all sorry)...
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Cool start to the day with the promise of the sun returning later.

Might start job hunting. Might not. Time will tell.

---

Former member of IPSE.

---
              Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Roast beef bap (wholemeal) for lunch

Comment

Yup, definitely got warmer through the day. Now absolutely roasting.

I'll maybe look for work tomorrow... maybe.

Burgers and buns for tea.

---

Former member of IPSE.

---
                  Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Tea here has also been a burger in a bun with fries, this time a lamb one containing garlic and rosemary; very nice, though I'll probably stick with the beef and caramelised onion ones

Comment

The car earlier was a Mercedes thing in America, a repeat of course, to which I didn't really pay attention as I was trying to decipher Apple's documentation on share sheets

And the gold diggers seemed to be doing OK, while I was making some, though not much, progress with share sheets

Later, S1E3 of Slow Horses: Bad Tradecraft (TV Episode 2022) in which the plot thickens, as plots will

And then I read a bit more of Attack Warning Red!

Early night again now, as last night's seemed to help

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X