• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Morning denizens

Grey start out, currently 15°C and expected to reach 19°, and a good chance of drizzle (up to 80%) through much of the day. The barometers, however, are up a little at 1008/1016mB

Last amoxicillin taken, but the infection clearly hasn't been dealt with so I'll have to try 111. It seems one of the emergency practices they refer you to has a surgery close by that's open weekends, so if the worst comes to the worst I'll just walk up there and see what they can do - another prescription for a stronger antibiotic, I assume
    If Paracetamol on its own isn't doing the job you can take Ibruprophen as well at the same time. It’s an anti inflamatory so as well as contributing to the pain relief it will help calm down the inflammation response to the infection and reduce pressure on the nerves that is causing the pain. Had to do this for a week while on holiday in Iceland until I could get home for an emergency appointment. Don’t bother with codine, for some reason it doesn’t actually do much for dental pain.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      If Paracetamol on its own isn't doing the job you can take Ibruprophen as well at the same time. It’s an anti inflamatory so as well as contributing to the pain relief it will help calm down the inflammation response to the infection and reduce pressure on the nerves that is causing the pain. Had to do this for a week while on holiday in Iceland until I could get home for an emergency appointment. Don’t bother with codine, for some reason it doesn’t actually do much for dental pain.
      Yes, though apparently I have to be careful about ibuprofen, being already on aspirin. Though it's never caused me any problems in the past

But somehow the last bit of amoxicillin seems to have got things under control for the moment, so I'm hoping it stays that way until the dentists can get their act together

Comment

After a 30 minute wait for the car (traffic issues, Pride apparently causing havoc with so many road closures), I went down to Chelsea and emptied my storage unit and officially closed my account. About £180 is due back having just paid the next month's bill.

While I was loading the car, the previous user must have finally completed their trip in the app as the car wouldn't start. I finally twigged that I had to start my hire and all was well.

I then went home, emptied the car into the flat. Had a sit down and a cuppa as it's a bit warm for manual labour.

Had a panic that I only had an hour to get to Ealing and back so quickly repacked the car. Then remembered I had two hours so sat down again and finished the cuppa.

Off I tootled to Ealing, battling my way through the traffic. Car unpacked and the bags / boxes I used were emptied so that I can reuse them.

Plugged in the BT broadband kit (one of the "perks" of BT Business is that you get doubled-up kit so you have two concurrent connections for a short while). It was all working meaning BT had sorted things out well before the expected changed over date, which was a surprise.

Battled my way back home, did an excellent impression of a Hermes delivery driver by chucking the empty boxes over the railings into my patio.

Drove around the corner to park the car in its designated bay, dreading the thought of having to reverse park with minimal space on a heavily congested road. However the gods of something were benevolent today and the adjacent bays were empty, allowing me to just drive into the space.

I ended my hire three minutes late and received a warning about my account being blocked if I repeatedly did that. Gotta love an algorithm that doesn't take into account the previous user having the car for an extra 30 minutes and considers allowing a bit of leeway.

I forgot to look for the water meter which is somewhere out the front of the property but I've no idea where.

Comment

In the Chinese

Comment

I ordered way too much food from Dishoom for dinner. On purpose, so I had leftovers for tomorrow.

It was very nice.

Watched TdF highlights. Now listening to You're Dead to Me on BBC Sounds.

I'm really rather sleepy after today's activity and too much food so I'm not sure I'll reach the end of it in favour of a shower and an early night.

Oh, and my left wrist hurts.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              In the Chinese
              And very nice it was

I finally felt like I had enough mental energy left at the end of the day to watch a film or two tonight, so I rewatched Blade Runner (1982). I've only ever seen "The Final Cut" and that was what I watched again, if it makes a difference. I think I've finally managed to grasp the whole story now

Maybe I should watch the version with the voiceover some time? Not that bothered though, to be honest

And then I rewatched The Mummy (2017). I think this version is OK, but apparently it didn't do well at the box office and the studio abandoned their plans for a series of remakes of their 1930s classics of the same ilk. No staying power, modern studios; they should have been "Well, it's a start, and we'll spend ten years getting better at it film by film"

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

CBS, etc.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Blue sky and fluff. Currently 16 degrees with a high of 22 later. No rain forecast. Barometer steady at 1019 mBar.

Woke early so made a coffee and went back to bed. Listening to BH while thinking of all the stuff I have to do today.

Comment

Morning.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Drizzly.

Grey.

Sunless.

Cooler at 18.8 deg in here.

1016 mBar, 30 in Hg, 762 Torr, 14.74 psi, (up from 1014 last night), 72% RH.

Sunday.

The "letter from America" substitute was in favour of more billionaires.

Broadcasting House was as tedious as ever, liked the intro to one guest with distinct traces of "Dead Ringers" about it. .

Walk (abbreviated) walked in sunshine. The umbrella worked well again.

Met another escapee from Ye Newe Sloughe of Desponde who shared news of more escapees making a break for it.

Not a happy ship from the sounds of it. . Well quelle surprise & all that. .

Lunch: minestrone soup with rice, a yellow corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Freecell score: 92%, running average 85%.

Tea: liver and bacon with onion gravy (would have helped if I'd turned the ring down a bit but still nice enough despite the black bits here & there), the last of the peach slices, a yog or two, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: F1 results: the latest wunderkind didn't win. . For which, much thanks.

Bit of "Walking through History" on Blaze with dear old Tone. This one was in Derbyshire & about Arkwright's factory. No UFOs were hurt in the making of this programme. .

Bit of "Footage Detectives" on Talking Pictures: from the days when we made stuff in this country.

Exploration Volcano on Dave: Nyiragongo volcano, the fracture in the ground down to Lake Kivu, and the amount of dissolved CO2 in said lake, not to mention the various places CO2 vents & kills goats & people.

Am Dro: this week 3 walks in north Wales with one walk in south Wales.

UFO on Pick: rather less hysterical than the Blaze versions.

Bits of The Repair Shoppe toy cannon, some guff on PBS about the lunatic fringe conspiracy nutjobs which was so irritating I turned it off.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 3 July 2022, 21:32.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

BH soon got switched off.

Now finally getting up and the list so far comprises:
                      • Strip bed and wash bed linen
                      • Take down pictures, remove hooks, fix the walls
                      • Take small electricals to the recycling point by Holland Park
                      • Look into booking a "too big for the bin" collection from RBKC

EDIT: this was a personal pali post! 19691 items of drivel contributed to CUK
                      Last edited by ladymuck; 3 July 2022, 09:19.

Comment

Working...
                      X