• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    Pali s
    Nice pail!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Those of us who wear glasses all the time are kind of stuffed anyway as far as that one's concerned
      Plastic lenses are available. Like those in my specs.

Though I rarely wear them these days, which gives me multiple blurry images of said Moon.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Plastic lenses are available. Like those in my specs.

Though I rarely wear them these days, which gives me multiple blurry images of said Moon.
        I'm a traditionalist in the spectacle department

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          I have been debating whether to trek over to Buck Pal to watch the flypast. The thought of mingling with the great unwashed fills me with horror so it's very unlikely I'll go. Shame as the noise of the various aircraft and, my fave, the chinooks is fabulous.
          That would have made for a good vox pop. "What are your emotions on this, the glorious occasion of Her Majesty's Platinum Jubilee?" "Whatevs mate, I'm just here for the Chinooks "

Comment

Lunch has been a Pukka Pies steak slice

Comment

After the laundry was done and hung out, I ventured up to Waitrose on the high street and took the long walk home. Lots of people about. And a street closure for a party. So closed that even pedestrians weren't allowed to walk down it.

Comment

Took the recycling down and trundled forth the bin, for we don't allow the shenanigans of the Windsor family to disrupt the important things in life round here

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  After the laundry was done and hung out, I ventured up to Waitrose on the high street and took the long walk home. Lots of people about. And a street closure for a party. So closed that even pedestrians weren't allowed to walk down it.
                  It's cover for a gang of bank robbers digging a tunnel into the vault of a bank round the corner. Perfect opportunity for it on a four-day weekend with actual street parties being held all over the place

Comment

Today I learnt how to stop Deliveroo cyclists mowing you down on the pavement. You need to walk around with 170cm gardening canes

Anyway they aren't needed until later this month but Wilko didn't have any shorter ones. Might be able to get shorter ones from the garden centre tomorrow.

Saw some random parties on my walk about. Most teens though were busy (window/Primani) shopping and some were asking each other why it was a bank holiday.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

This evening I have watched A Glitch in the Matrix (2021) which is essentially a discussion about whether we're living in a simulation but it's not done very well, sadly. The reviews on IMDb are pretty accurate (basement dwellers, fnar)

Comment

Working...
                      X