• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No early rising tomorrow so I got into some unfinished TV, starting with the remaining episodes of The Dropout, about Theranos and that. Those people really were thoroughly disgusting and that really comes through as they start to get found out, though there's a certain delight in watching them turn on each other like rats in a trap yet still fail to save themselves

And along the same lines, a couple more episodes of the one on Apple TV+ about WeWork. The major difference between them and the Theranos people is that the former seem to have convinced themselves that they were so special that no rules applied to them because they were out of it on drink and drugs almost constantly, while the latter convinced themselves of the same thing because they were doing the exact opposite, drinking green muck made of vegetables all the time and so on.

The lesson I draw from this is that if you're going to live your life by constructing a massive fraud and waiting for it all to come crashing down, you might as well enjoy all the drink and drugs you can while you can, because you aren't going to enjoy anything thereafter

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        No early rising tomorrow so I got into some unfinished TV, starting with the remaining episodes of The Dropout, about Theranos and that. Those people really were thoroughly disgusting and that really comes through as they start to get found out, though there's a certain delight in watching them turn on each other like rats in a trap yet still fail to save themselves

And along the same lines, a couple more episodes of the one on Apple TV+ about WeWork. The major difference between them and the Theranos people is that the former seem to have convinced themselves that they were so special that no rules applied to them because they were out of it on drink and drugs almost constantly, while the latter convinced themselves of the same thing because they were doing the exact opposite, drinking green muck made of vegetables all the time and so on.

The lesson I draw from this is that if you're going to live your life by constructing a massive fraud and waiting for it all to come crashing down, you might as well enjoy all the drink and drugs you can while you can, because you aren't going to enjoy anything thereafter

Goodnight all
        The Theranos people are all heading to jail, I don’t see Adam Neumann or anyone else at we work heading the same way.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Just looking out of the kitchen window, where the thinnest crescent of the New Moon is setting into the last of the daylight glimmering on the horizon - and just then a bat swooped up across it and back into the darkness of the silhouettes of the buildings! Lots of pagan symbolism out there this evening
          New Moon through glass! New Moon through glass! Danger Will Robinson!

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky.

Chilly in here at 17 deg.

1016.5 mBar, 30.02 in Hg, 762.44 Torr, 14.743 psi, (unchanged), 73% RH.

Thursday.

Unexpectedly, the waste disposal & recycling engineers made their merry way up the road earlier.

The thing about coal at 09:45 reached the 1950s & 60s: mine closures and Aberfan with a nice mention of Lord fecking Robens.

Walk (extended) walked in occasional sunshine with increasing grey gloom.

The walk was extended by the search for the three early purple orchids I've been admiring for the last couple of weeks.

Some scumbag mother****er has picked the flower spikes, fortunately the plants are still there.

As a result of the search, a further three not so early purple orchids were discovered.

The swans on the fishpond retain their solitary cygnet.

The first pond on the other hand, seems almost bereft of birdlife, there being 3 ducks and a seagull present.

Lunch: leek & potato soup with Morrisons soya and linseed bread, bramble jelly sandwich on same, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y Sliced Bread: meal replacement drinks.

TWAO. More joy.

Freecell score: 86%, running average 85%.

Tea: the first portion of the latest batch of chilli con carne with rice, the last of the peach slices, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering

Farscape S3 E1 "Season of death" where the dead become undead and the living become dead and someone doesn't get as dead as he should be.

"Classic Literature and Cinema: Dystopia" on Sky Arts. HG Wells, the Time Machine, The Shape of Things To Come.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 2 June 2022, 19:05.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

It's quite bright out there this morning. Blue sky with fluff. Currently 17 degrees with a high of 20 expected. Barometer up to 1021 mBar.

I have been debating whether to trek over to Buck Pal to watch the flypast. The thought of mingling with the great unwashed fills me with horror so it's very unlikely I'll go. Shame as the noise of the various aircraft and, my fave, the chinooks is fabulous.

Comment

Is there coverage that doesn't feature Huw Edwards? The waffle that man comes out with does my head in.

Comment

A towel wash has been done and hung about.

Smalls and other wearables now in the WM.

Comment

Does

Comment

No

Comment

One

Comment

Working...
                      X