• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Afternoon all

Sunny with lumps of fluff. Chilly though as it's 6 degrees but the north-easterly wind is making it feel like 1. High of 7 degrees expected.

Another data migration has kicked off this morning. Out of the 9 business units in this batch, one didn't respond to agree the paperwork so they've been removed. Their removal took the data volume down from 1.9 TB to 550 GB!
    They are going to be unhappy when the system is switched off...
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

They are going to be unhappy when the system is switched off...
      We have two more migration slots - one is locked down and the other is open for mop-ups like this. They're pencilled into the mop-up batch, as long as they agree before I close it on 8 April. After that, they'll be screwed.

It's only financial data, no-one is likely to care. :

Comment

Lunch was chicken, tomato and lentil soup with multiseed bread

The weather app says there are showers, but they must be so light as to be invisible

And a light-coloured towel wash is on

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          And a light-coloured towel wash is on
          And done

I thought there must be some heavy machinery working outside (they've been digging up a lot of stuff hereabouts recently for some reason) but it turns out I'd left the washing machine on the 1600RPM spin that I never use because it feels like the entire house is about to collapse. Oh well, it didn't, and at least the towels will finish drying quickly now

Comment

Snowing in Glasgow! Not heavily but I hope it doesn't turn icy for the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              Snowing in Glasgow! Not heavily but I hope it doesn't turn icy for the morning.
              Well that lasted all of 10 minutes. It's back to sunshine and fluff again.

Comment

Sampling some of last year’s plum wine. It’s definitely plum, and alcoholic.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

No snow here, but it's got a bit drizzly now and then

The weather app insists it's snowing, though

Comment

Driving home today, really heavy downpour with some hailstones. All dry when got back, been no rain here.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Tea has been a roast pork dinner. Very nice, it was

Accompanied by an episode of Trucking Hell

Still no snow, though it's down to 2°C out

Comment

Working...
                      X