• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Evening all

It's been a lovely day here in Glasgow. A few light showers but it was nice and warm in the sunshine.

Work wasn't too busy which made a nice change.

HWMBO cooked a chicken and rice concoction for dinner.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      In the chip shop
      Fish and chips for tea, then, and very nice too

Prices have risen a good bit since I was in that shop the other month though. Same with all kinds of small independent takeaways, I imagine; their fuel bills alone must be through the roof

Next time I go there, I'm going to have to try their kebabs. People speak very highly of them, and they look very good from where I was waiting for my fish to be cooked

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Evening all

It's been a lovely day here in Glasgow. A few light showers but it was nice and warm in the sunshine.
        Sounds nicer than it was down here, then

Comment

On early evening TV, the car thing was…

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          Plus Car SOS have done a Messerschmitt KR200.
          …the little Messerschmitt thingy, and then the gold diggers continued their endeavours. Then I skipped the antiques fella in favour of going to the chippy

During and after fish & chips, there was a new episode of Police Interceptors, and then an episode of 24 Hours in A&E that was due to expire today; but it turned out to be a clip show anyway

And finally the Air Crash Investigation into TAM Transportes Aéreos Regionais Flight 402, another one in which the whole taking off bit didn't get very far, though for quite unusual reasons - it's usually the crew being lackadaisical about setting the flaps, but not this time.

Better get to sleep now I suppose, even though in real terms it's not even eleven yet

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

A bit murky out, and chilly.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Grey. Very grey.

Sunless.

Chilly in here at 14.6 deg.

1006 mBar, 29.7 in Hg, 754.56 Torr, 14.59 psi, (down from 1008 last night), 70% RH.

Wednesday apparently.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the grey gloom which parted momentarily allowing some wan sunshine.

The gloves came in handy, like <- see wot I did there? .

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toasted crust, bramble jelly & marmalade sandwiches, a red pippy corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y: so far nothing has inspired a youtube vid, unlike yesterday's Aldi Lidl song.

Freecell score: 100%, running average 84%.

Tea: liver & bacon with onion gravy, very nice, the last of the pear halves, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Alain Delon. He made a couple of films with dear old Charlie Bronson.

"Unidentified: inside America's UFO investigation" more UFO bollox on Blaze, there being feck all else I want to watch and they're streaming UFO bollox for the entire week. .

I see that we won't be seeing anymore Bruce Willis epics: he's got aphasia & is retiring from acting.

It's a great pity that his recent epics have been so uniformly dire.

It's been raining. .

Alias S1 E10 "Spirit"

Alias S1 E11 "The Confession" wherein Secrets are revealed about Sydney's mum.

Alias S1 E12 "The Box" wherein SD6 is invaded by some even naughtier people than the people who work there, one of whom is Tarantino.

Alias S1 E13 "The Box Part Deux" wherein the naughty people get dealt with and a security system is disabled in an unusual way.

It must be said that Sarah Shahi looks particularly in S1. .
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 31 March 2022, 18:41.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Very grey, gloomy day out there today

Currently 6°C, almost no wind to make it "feel like" some other value, but only 8° on the cards for later and that comes with rain this afternoon. And then, just to liven things up, there's a 70% chance of snow tonight!

And the barometers continue their decline, starting the day at 1000/1007mB

Comment

Running loony lady 1 to hospital soon for some bone scan thingy. All the old farts I know are falling apart.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Afternoon all

Sunny with lumps of fluff. Chilly though as it's 6 degrees but the north-easterly wind is making it feel like 1. High of 7 degrees expected.

Another data migration has kicked off this morning. Out of the 9 business units in this batch, one didn't respond to agree the paperwork so they've been removed. Their removal took the data volume down from 1.9 TB to 550 GB!

Comment

Walk was briskly walked earlier, green ring closed

There was supposed to be rain by now, though there isn't. So I got the walk done early as I had a meeting from noon till one and wanted to beat the bad weather. It may not be raining, but it feels very chilly out

Comment

Working...
                      X