• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

On the way back, I stopped off at the VAT fraud chip shop so it was cod & chips for tea, accompanied by the last few minutes of the gold diggers and then some Trucking Hell
    Is that a new Trucking Hell?

I seem to recall hearing it was National Fish & Chip day yesterday, good to hear you're a supporter!

Comment

Morning.

Saturday.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky.

Cool in here at 19.2 deg, 20.5 deg in the kitchen, 18 deg in the leanto, 16 deg in the saltinghouse (which will reach 27 by the afternoon, more if the doors aren't open).

1019 and a tad mBar, 30.098 in Hg, 764.5 Torr, 14.783 psi, (up from 1019 minus a tad last night), 71% RH (GDR hair), 63% RH (Lidl electric).

Smalls in the WM.

Smalls out of the WM and pegged out on the line.

Shirts in the WM.

The Black Thing scattered over next door's lawn turns out to be the remains of an unfortunate jackdaw.

Meanwhile on the 12th of June 2019 covbob was diagnosed with sleep apnea, it was raining, NF was watching some obscure film with the Iceland burglar alarm going off in sympathy and I was still cooking stuff which shows how long ago it was.

For those innerested in such things, I see that there's an ancient S1 Wheeler Dealers on Quest+1 at noon, followed by another ancient one on Quest at 13:00, both of which are about Austin Mini motor cars. IIRC the first one passed 2 MOTs before becoming a baked bean can.

Shirts out of the WM & pegged out on the line.

Cottons in the WM.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the sunshine & cool breeze.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese & baked beans, a yog, bramble jelly & marmalade on slices of toast, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Wheeler Dealers S1 E8: 1962 Austin Miniminor MkI: bought: £300, total: £, sold: £. Passed one MOT in 2006 having failed one for much rust, ran out in June 2007 & it's currently SORN (assuming it hasn't met the bean can maker).

Cottons out of the WM and pegged out on the line.

Wheeler Dealers S6 E13: 1988 Mini City E: bought: £700, total: £2290, sold (at "auction"): £2k6. SORN, MOT ran out May 2016 (whereas the blue one he looked at first had an MOT that ran out December 2020). Changed one of the radius arms in the rear suspension. Changed the wheels. Wrapped it in carbon fibre lookalike vinyl wrap. Changed the seats. Changed the dash (noted that the odometer reading seemed stuck at 19,999 for a number of MOTs). Replaced the choke cable. Changed the carpets and door cards.

Shirts in off the line & roughly iRoned. Some of the cottons ditto.

Cottons in off the line & the bits that needed iRoning got iRoned.

Tea: spag with meh bol (forgot to add a bit of chilli), some peach slices, a yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: nothing of note, though there was an Ancient Aliens bollox that I hadn't watched before, all about Mars & how our default internal clock is 24.9 hours Just Like The Day Length On Mars. .

Plus some bollox about Engineering failures, such as putting up multistory buildings in Brazil sans any reasonably depth of foundations (literally built on sand), ditto for some ski slopes in ?Turkey? which then proceeded to collapse.

And a brief interlude with "The Professionals" which, to my surprise, weren't Bodie & Doyle, but rather Woody Strode, Lee Marvin, Robert Ryan, and Burt Lancaster. All gone now. (Then again, so is Lewis Collins).

Maigret: "My friend the Inspector" 1960. S1 E8. This one had Pete Murray as a kept man. .

The Four Just Men "Crack Up". E22. While this one had Robert Shaw before he needed a bigger boat. Plus an unrecognisable Paul Eddington long before he was PM.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 4 June 2023, 08:47.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny day out, already up to 14°C and 20° expected, though the barometers are trivially down at 1014/1022mB

Heading down south in a while

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Is that a new Trucking Hell?
          No, I'm just behind on S6

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          I seem to recall hearing it was National Fish & Chip day yesterday, good to hear you're a supporter!
          Yes, it was probably hearing about it that subliminally influenced me to go. The advertising works!

Comment

Home again!

I had to park round the back in the overspill car park because there's an ambulance parked out in front of our block

My Mum seems a lot more cheerful now, though she's still got a fair amount of pain

Comment

Lunch earlier was an assorted charcuterie butty, made with seedy bloomer

Comment

Got through to the Brigadoon Chinese takeaway. My food will be ready for collection at quarter past seven

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Got through to the Brigadoon Chinese takeaway. My food will be ready for collection at quarter past seven
                  And very nice it was too

Comment

The other week, driving south, I encountered an enormous pothole on the A6 near Rushden, just before a roundabout. I've carefully avoided it since but last weekend I remembered fixmystreet.com, so I reported it on there. Yesterday, I got an email saying it had been fixed! And today I was able to confirm this, and made sure to drive over the repair I instigated

Comment

Tonight's major motion picture premiere was Special Delivery (2022) (Teuksong in Korean) which is kind of Korea's answer to the Fast and Furious things, in that it involves a lot of fast and furious car action. Also some rather corny humour, gangsters who turn out to be corrupt cops… it's a bit complicated, but reasonably entertaining

And then a rewatch of the Neil Armstrong biopic First Man (2018). Turns out they really did go to the Moon! Who'd've thunk

Speaking of which, there's a very nice full moon setting in the west right now, complete with a number of Apollo Lunar Module descent stages

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X