• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's getting very dark out, and the lightning map shows the strikes moving in from the southeast

Comment

The deluge has arrived, with a fair bit of thunder. Not many visible lightning bolts so far though

Comment

Placid out again after the storm

Tea has been slow-roast belly pork slices (seasoned with a hint of five spice) with chips and ketchup

The car was a red Corvette; and the gold diggers are coming to the end of their repeated season, but will be back later in the new season. Meanwhile, repeats of the new season will commence tomorrow teatime

Comment

News comes that the festival in the park down the road in September that I got a letter to The Occupier about will indeed be happening. Turns out it's Radio 2 in the Park, which is apparently a thing the BBC do now

Comment

In their new season, the featured gold diggers all seemed happy enough with their hauls. I thought the two youngish chaps were pushing it a bit, driving their Toyota 4x4 through a river - not across it, but along it. It started oscillating from side to side in a most peculiar manner

It's down to around 18°C out now but still a bit warmer in here, so I've had the living room windows open wide as well as opening the windows on the other side and leaving the doors open, which has allowed a pleasant draught of fresh air through the place

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Up betimes as I awoke at half six; one of those times when I just snap completely awake, rather than reluctantly returning to consciousness, so I figured I might as well get up

Sunny start out, already up to 16°C and 27° due later, with the barometers essentially unchanged (though a little up) at 1004/1012mB. No thunderstorms on offer today

After having showered I opened the bedroom window wide and had a lean out out to check what the wildlife was up to in next door's garden and get a little ambient sunlight, just in time to see the general waste disposal operatives trundling along the road, emptying. They'll be back later for the recycling, unless that's a different lot; I've never been sure about that

Comment

Morning all

Sunny and dry. Currently 19 degrees with a high of 21 expected. No rain forecast here.

Last day in Prague before we head off to London via Helsinki. Today we're going to the other side of the river for a look at the Petrin tower.

Comment

Morning.

Tuesday.

Dry.

Sunny.

Warm in here at 22.4 deg, 24 deg in the kitchen, 22 deg in the leanto.

1008.5 mBar, 29.781 in Hg, 756.44 Torr, 14.63 psi, (down from 1009 last night), 71% RH (GDR hair), 71% RH (Lidl electric).

Happily enough it wasn't my turn to wake unbidden at sparrowfart this morning, that being delegated to NF.

Meanwhile on the 16th of June 2019 NF was watching T3 and Nikita, while I was cooking beef, and MS had an offspring return home.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese & baked beans, a yellow corner yog, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of toastier toast, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y on holidays <click>. My tinnitus. The fridge humming away to itself. More of Ponting's book about the first Wilson government. It's many years since I've heard any mention of these people. Barbra Castle has just become Minister of Transport and is no doubt fomenting plans for the 70mph speed limit on motorways.

Freecell score: 89%, running average: 85%.

Trucking Hell S1 E2: no Rory.

Tea: battered cod (or haddock), stewed gooseberries (apparently purchased from Morrisons for long forgotten reasons, presumably cheapness in August 2018) and custard, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM. .

Wheeler Dealers S13 E10 1970 Ford Bronco: the one that tubo'lard bought only for Edd China to find it was rusted out, so tubo'lard had to go out and find a new body for it at a mere $4k. Bought: $8k, total: $25,404 and 278 man hours, sold: $40k. New autogearbox, new propshafts, new suspension, changed the drum brakes to discs. Pointless test drive up a mountain.

Digging for Britain with she of the ever changing hair colour: variously blonde & red in this one.

Coastal Villages: Tintagel: showed a photo of a Rolls Royce so checked the MOT status: 1925 Rolls Royce Tourer in cream colour: MOT to 23rd July, Taxed. They don't build 'em like that any more.

The Human Jungle: The Wall. S1 E12. that psychiatrist thing with Herbert Lom. The one about the Jewish family of Polish extraction driving their son & daughter quite mad.

Maigret and the old lady (1994) S4 E5. Gosh. That was a long one. Not the same ending as the 1960 version. Or I've confused it with another ep.

Megadisasters on Blaze: more lunacy: this one's about a comet impact in the Indian ocean.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 13 June 2023, 22:13.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post

26 / 27 oC currently. It's going to be a sticky night.
                    Yup. It certainly was.

Bright and warm start to the day. It's going to be another scorcher.

Rewatched "The Post" last night. Would recommend to those who have not.

Queuing up something called "Deadloch" for tonight if I can find some quiet time. NZ cop thing. Could go either way.
                    ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
                    Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Lunch was a butty of leftover belly pork from last night on white bloomer with apple sauce, and a bag of plain crisps. Very nice

I'm going to be a bit more cautious about opening windows today - the place got a bit warm last evening, but it cooled down enough overnight to be just about right today, and it'd be nice to keep it at that level

Comment

Working...
                      X