• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^^ Om

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    The car earlier was the same Ford Bronco it was last time they showed it

I really should think of something better to do with that time
    Yes, but what?

Morning.

Wednesday.

Dry.

Sunny.

Warm in here at 22.9 deg, 25 deg in the kitchen, 22.5 deg in the leanto.

1011 mBar, 29.854 in Hg, 758.31 Torr, 14.663315 psi, (up from 1009.5 last night), 72% RH (GDR hair), 68% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 16th of June 2019 I watched "Once upon a time in the west (1968)" while NF watched "The Lost Weekend (1945)" with that Ray Milland (he was from around by here boyo, there's tidy then), and I had a phone call that wasn't from some robbing scumbag other than the gasboard.

Walk (abbreviated, changed route to avoid horseflies) walked in the cool of the woods and the mostly avoided heat of the day.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast, bramble jelly x2 and marmalade x1 on slices of toast, red corner yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y whingeing on about the usual. TWATO.

Spending 20 minutes on streetview. .

Freecell score in the unbearable heat of the afternoon: 88%, running average: 85%.

Entertainment: Trucking Hell S1 E3: Rory. The one where he ties the box on a carpet truck down with straps.

Tea: since I can't be arsed to cook anymore: soup.

Entertainment: PM.

Wheeler Dealers S13 E11 1983 Mercedes 500 SEC: bought: $2k5, total: $10,162 (not including the $15k of AMG parts), sold: $16k (to the chap the $15k of AMG parts belonged to). Tubo'lard has plans to turn this into the AMG version. AMG heads, AMG exhaust, AMG suspension, AMG body kit, AMG wheels. Paint job.

Discovering: Sigourney Weaver on Sky Arts. I've watched some of those films.

5Select: Buried Secrets of WWII: Papua New Guinea.

The Bad Skin Clinic S5 E9: chap with keloids, lots & lots of keloids: keloidal disease: skin expansion: done under GA: feck me, he's getting boobs. Radiotherapy on the scars plus some steroid injections. Feck me. Removing those on his chest. Elderly chap with rosacea and rhinophyma: done with a laser, then cream & tablet. Nice result. Woman with undiagnosed swelling. Chronic Spontaneous resistant Urticaria. 12 weeks of injections.

Dr Pimple Popper S5 E9. Woman with a lipoma on her shoulder. Woman with a pencil lead stuck in her hand for 45 years. Following extraction the pencil lead still wrote on paper. Elderly woman with some horrid skin condition on her legs. She doesn't believe in Western Medicine so doesn't take prescribed drugs but chooses alternatives. No resolution on this one, "To Be Continued".

Oh look: Skin A&E on 5 has made a return. Woman with a lipoma on her shoulder blade. Feck me they've turned the colour saturation up on this one. Lots of Kensington gore. Chap with lipomas on his arms, & unusually, one on his finger. Woman with a cyst on her neck. Woman with a cyst on her cheek.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 14 June 2023, 22:55.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Another cooler start to the day (~18oC) with an expected high of ~28oC.

Could be another sticky one.

---

Former member of IPSE.

---
      Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

The disabled fox was wandering around the lawn earlier, pausing at one point to observe an RAC man who's working on somebody's car over the other side. Then it was lured round the side of our block by one of the neighbours who'd put down some food and, I think, water for it

Having breakfasted, it's back out in the middle of the lawn, basking in the sun. The RAC man is still at work.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Yes, but what?
          Channel 4 is launching its new idents just before Hollyoaks at 18:30 this evening, so that'll be ten seconds or so filled up

Comment

Good afternoon, Helsinki calling

We are in the Finnair Platinum Wing with sadly not enough time to use the sauna as we'll be boarding our next flight soon.

Comment

A warm afternoon again, currently 24°C but it's on the way down. And once again there's a bit of a light breeze to help

Just took the general waste and recycling over to the bins.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Channel 4 is launching its new idents just before Hollyoaks at 18:30 this evening, so that'll be ten seconds or so filled up
                Turns out I was misinformed: that was the last showing of the old ident (or one of them, assuming they have several) and the new one will be just before the news at seven (assuming they still do the news at seven)

Comment

Tea: homemade donner meat in pitta bread with sweet chilli sauce, and fries

The new Channel 4 idents were OK as these things go

Comment

The car and gold diggers were largely ignored; a Mercedes of some kind for the record, and the gold folk did as well as they did when it was first shown a few weeks ago

Later: S1E1 of Britain's Biggest Warship on iPlayer, which is a repeat from a few years ago; quite interesting stuff

Early night now, even though it's still not dark, as I want to be up early tomorrow

Goodnight all

Comment

The disabled fox was wandering around the lawn earlier
                      Almost trod on a fox today on me walk. Obviously didn't notice me until I was right up to it, probably having a snore.
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X