• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning denizens

Sunny day again, and already up to 26°C on its way to 29°, though it'll probably reach 30° again. The barometers are down slightly but around the same level at 1004/1012mB

I need to do the shopping in a bit, having put it off for the last couple of days

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      Morning.

Friday apparently.

om

Comment

Afternoon all

Blue sky again after yesterday's blanket of cloud. Currently 29 degrees with a high of 32 expected. Barometer remains at 1018 mBar.

It was very humid at bed time so I took the fan upstairs and had that on all night which made sleep a little more bearable.

That SQL error is getting annoying.

Comment

Getting a lot of emails to my spam box about ladies wanting a hot *** tonight, dirty fun between the sheets, etc. Shame they ain't genuine.

Bit of a lonely weekend as ll1 didn't fancy a walk today as it's so hot. Could go to an outside theater thing nearby but not sure I fancy it. 35m to decide.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Shopping has been done, an experience which will serve mainly as a salutary reminder not to do the shopping on a Saturday

I even went to M&S! As I parked by their food hall, I realised that I hadn't bothered bringing my coat (for obvious reasons) and my mask was in the pocket thereof. But a root around in the glovebox revealed an emergency backup mask I'd left in there ages ago, so all was good

Nobody else had bothered, of course

Late lunch now of a chicken leg off the hot food counter

Comment

Up early and back from the supermarket by 10:15am.

It was packed.

Been hiding in the cool dark ever since.

Too hot - max temperature of just under 33 has been passed and it's down all the way.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Still 28°C here. Inside is 27° but there's a bit of a breeze from the bedroom side, so I might open windows and leave doors open to get some airflow through the place once it's cooled down a bit more

The top half of the park at the end of the road is now completely enclosed by a high fence, pending the Radio 2 In The Park thing next weekend

A mundane wash is on

And going to sort that out reminded me that I'd managed a bedding wash yesterday which was still in the laundry basket, waiting to be put away; so that was done

Oh, and there's a new Viz in the shops

Comment

Oh, and there's a new Viz in the shops
                  Yeh, got mine yesterday. Not finished yet.

Went to outdoor theatre thing, glad I did. Only 20 people there and it was in the shade. Not quite what I expected, the theme was Woodstock but the comedian did lots of stuff about things of that era, Kennedy assassination etc. Did some dancing though and was chatting with a nice lady.

Was conscripted on stage as Buzz Aldrin in the lunar landing. Lying on back with legs in air wearing a helmet, gloves and thick jacket, in this hot weather. Staggering about when it finished.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Tea has been kebab and chips

Still too hot. The breeze dropped towards sunset, so even with all the windows wide open it isn't cooling down much

Just noticed that a year ago today, the estate agents confirmed my appointment to come and view this place on the 12th. Their confirmation of my offer being accepted came on the 13th, so we got from offer to completion in 77 days, or exactly eleven weeks

Comment

It's been a bit warm today. The fan was brought down from the bedroom this afternoon to waft us while we hid indoors.

HWMBO did a little turn on the BBQ and made a very nice dinner.

Comment

Working...
                      X