• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    I did know that, but thought I might guilt him into taking action... :-D

Who's up for taking the forum elsewhere with no one allowed to create new threads, and only this one? We could sack the mods then!
    Eek created a TPD instance on a discord server which is still alive.

Just needs someone to copy all the posts over.

For some reason quoting only pulled the first sentence over.

Comment

I've found the owner's phone number. And the comprising photos. I've texted her. Hopefully we'll get somewhere.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Do feel free to register your discontent at https://www.facebook.com/ContractorUK

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          For a brief moment I got all excited by a bit of a breeze but it didn't stay around for long.
          That keeps happening here too. It's down to 22°C outside. I've got the windows open wide (and they are big windows) and the internal doors open; the bedroom has managed to get down to 25° while the living room is 26°. But every time there's a whisper of breeze to get my hopes up, it dies away again

Tea has been a nice big fry-up. It incorporated some big M&S sausages that I think are a new range, and they're very tasty

Comment

Not just CUK with problems. I moderate Freecycle and keep getting backend API errors when I try to check pending posts.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

That keeps happening here too. It's down to 22°C outside.
              24 here. Overnight the low will be 17C.

Got contact with the owner. She's an unhappy bunny. Should've recruited decent contractors.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Eek created a TPD instance on a discord server which is still alive.

Just needs someone to copy all the posts over.
                Only because someone else (on this thread) owns the domain name testpleasedelete.co.uk

if it comes to it I’m sure Nick or myself could sort something out to keep TPD going…
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Only because someone else (on this thread) owns the domain name testpleasedelete.co.uk

if it comes to it I’m sure Nick or myself could sort something out to keep TPD going…
                  I've got the .com, .net and .org as well

The bedroom is down to 24°C, which feels positively chilly after the last few days

The usual US border and NZ roads stuff was on earlier. Later: the new episode of Ambulance on iPlayer, and an old episode of 24 Hours in A&E

I also managed to do a towel wash, which is just coming to the end of its drying cycle

Goodnight all

Comment

The bed has been made and I decided not to put the duvet into its cover. It's only 3 tog but still too much.

There was a very brief shower which did nothing to cool the air down.

The thunderstorm never materialised.

Looks like tomorrow will be a more reasonable temperature.

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny start, but it should be a bit less hot today; currently 17°C and heading for a mere 23°, with a 10% chance of rain around teatime. The barometers are down a little further at 1000/1008mB

It's generally expected to be cooler throughout the week too, and there's a 60% chance of rain next weekend for both days of the thing in the park

Comment

Working...
                      X