• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

Cloudy with a bit of a breeze about. Currently 17 degrees with a high of 20 later. Low chance of rain. Barometer down a touch to 1010 mBar.

Today's bins are general and food waste. No sparrow's fart collection this morning; they must have taken a different route.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Well it's only the highest rate ever because the agency quoted a made up rate that they shouldn't be using. The actual advertised rate should be a PAYE rate after holiday pay has been deducted.

And yesterday I had multiple agents complaining that their current issue isn't rates - it's the fact that few people are willing to take even hybrid roles because of travel costs....
      I'm going direct with an old client and need an umbrella (can you guess which one ), so it's not their fault.

It's just the way of the world.

And I'm travelling to the EU as well. Fortunately, the client is to sort all of that messy stuff out - I just get a ticket and turn up...
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Grey.

Slightly warmer in here at 20.7 deg.

1006 mBar, 29.707 in Hg, 754.56 Torr, 14.59 psi (unchanged), 74% RH.

Tuesday.

Much dreaming overnight, which appeared to include something about the .338 Lapua though quite what is now totally obscure. I think it might have been inspired by the nutter on The Sweeney who was firing a M16/AR15 from the top of a tower block to set off burglar alarms in banks.

Which post merrily precipitated me back to the joyfulness of 25th December 2018 which were spent in that Swansea in an Air BnB. :sucide:.

Oh look: here's all the cars of The Sweeney:

https://www.imcdb.org/movie_71059-The-Sweeney.html

Wot a thing. .

The one they haven't included was the Riley Elf I spotted in an early ep (that's a Mini with fins on the back & a very impressive radiator grill on the front).

There was also the Wolseley Hornet but I've never seen one of those, whereas I knew a chap who was deseaming an Elf to take it racing or something (this was 35 years ago when we were doing a welding course).

Walk (unabbreviated) walked during which the rain held off until I'd returned home which was nice of it. Took an umbrella just in case which probably explains it.

Quite cool & gloomy out there which reduced the level of sweat considerably.

Met the bird spotter chap again.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese & baked beans, a red corner yog, bramble jelly & marmalade on slices of toast, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y until it got too much to bear, whereupon: <click>.

Freecell score in the ongoing rain & grey gloom: 88%, running average 85% (84.9%).

Tea: M&S lightly dusted plaice (turns out there was a 2nd box thereof), some mango slices, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM ().

Wheeler Dealers S12 E11 Fiat Panda 4x4: F reg: considering my E reg Croma was defunct in 2001 due to tinworm, it's remarkable the Panda survived to 2014.

The Sweeney S3 E1 "Selected Target": a cunning plan to steal $2M. Which worked.

The Sweeney S3 E2 "In from the cold": who'd have thunk that steak was so valuable?

The Rookie S2 E8 "Clean Cut": our hero is assigned to cover the scene of a crime and await the detectives who take a loooooooong time.

The Bad Skin Clinic S4 E10: more pustulent goodness. Nothing of note other than a hirsuite lady requiring laser hair removal.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 13 September 2022, 22:52.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

The low risk of rain has now changed to 80% chance of rain, some of which is falling now.

Comment

Lunch: chicken and barley soup with wholemeal bread

Comment

It's looking ok here, but has warmed a little which makes life slightly humid, which is not the most comfortable of weather.
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Extension!

Of… *checks calendar* nine (9) days

Oh well, every little helps

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Extension!

Of… *checks calendar* nine (9) days

Oh well, every little helps

Comment

Offer on flat accepted!

Comment