• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    I finally got around to taking His Majesty's laptop, phone, etc. up to the Post Office, so that's on its way back to London

And then I went for a haircut, my hair having reached the stage where even I thought it could do with a tidy up. TBH it seems a bit of a shame to have a haircut when there's nothing coming up that would justify it, but maybe it'll last until Christmas

And while I was out an email came from the solicitor to tell me the other side have agreed to the proposed date, so it looks like we'll be completing on 28th November!
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Tea: rack of ribs with a honey-based BBQ sauce, and lots of fries

Accompanied by some more old Police Interceptors

Earlier, the car was a BMW Mini Cooper S MC40 Limited Edition (or something like that), created as a tribute to some famous British rally driver from 1964, but which had the steering wheel on the wrong side

And the gold hunters were some of the ones who occasionally find some gold

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Earlier, the car was a BMW Mini Cooper S MC40 Limited Edition (or something like that), created as a tribute to some famous British rally driver from 1964,
        1964?
        Paddy Hopkirk in a John Cooper Special 1275.
        The car of legends.
        75bhp, 640kg.

Not a bloated, overpriced lump. It had a better power to weight ratio than the current models, better driver handling, and could be repaired by a mechanic who didn’t require multiple books and computers.

Anyway, TFBSZ.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Watched buffaloed on prime, not bad quite amusing.

Then followed up with Caligula which was odd as they kept playing the Onedin line when siblings got jiggy. Helen Mirren who of course only got her kit off when totally necessary,
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Tonight's major motion picture was Citizen Kane (1941). Last time I watched this was so long ago that I can't remember if it was in the 1980s or 1990s, but whichever it was, I didn't remember much of it. But so many of the individual shots in it - possibly all of them - have been mimicked in The Simpsons so it's going to feel familiar to just about anybody at times

Anyway, it's very good, and it does have a lot of really amazing shots - and even those that don't seem that special now were probably done for the first time in this, and everybody else since has copied them

It seems a bit breezy out, but it's a mild night at 14°C

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

Cloudy but there's patches of blue sky visible. Dry. Currently 14 degrees with a high of 15 expected. Barometer up to 1024 mBar.

I didn't manage to fix my microphone in a VM issue last night. It would work once and then stop. I suspect it was a Microsoft patch but uninstalling all new patches didn't fix it. I will probably have to delete the VM and start again. So today I'm back to infesting my own PC with client stuff.

Comment

morning all

TFIF, etc.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Ah, Paddy Hopkirk. Them were the days.

Morning.

Dry (as in not raining yet).

Grey.

Sunless.

Less chilly in here at 15.5 deg, 16 deg in the kitchen, 14.5 deg in the leanto, 15 deg in the salting house.

1018 mBar, 30.06 in Hg, 763.56 Torr, 14.764 psi, (up from 1017 last night), 77% RH.

Friday.

Smalls in the WM.

Back on 24th Feb 2019 the Oak Island nutjobbery was back again, as was Endeavour (poor old Thursday), while NF was very late making dinner.

Smalls out of the WM and pegged out on the line in a semigale.

Cottons in the WM.

Cottons out of the WM & pegged out on the line.

Shirts in the WM.

Forgot the t shirt that's about to become a rag.

Remembered the gardening shirt which went in with the smalls.

Shirts out of the WM & pegged out on the line.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast, bramble jelly & marmalade on slices of toast, red pippy corner yog, 0.91*1.5 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: "Fallout: living in the shadow of the bomb": or how to irradiate Australian Aboriginals, unfortunate Pacific Islanders, & just to show they're not prejudiced in anyway, their very own military, conscripts & all.

Shirts off the line & roughly iRoned, now airing upstairs.

Smalls in off the line, ditto.

Cottons in off the line, the roller towel & hand towel met the TD which made its usual fuss.

Whilst waiting for the above, looked for & finally found an ancient transistor radio, and guess wot? despite having a nearly complete collection of "Radio & Television Servicing" from 1956 to 1978, it's in the one I haven't got. Ho very hum.

Updation: found a very fuzzy image of the radio on the interweb and saved the image which has proved useful as I trace the actual circuit on the pcb itself. It's got a rather complicated wavechange switch. I hate switches & this one is peculiarly unnecessarily complicated. And it's broken with bits missing. Ho hum ^2.

Tea: battered haddock, some peach slices, a yog or two, 0.91*1.5 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Wheeler Dealers S14 E17 1970 International Harvester Scout 800A: I've never had any desire to dismantle gearboxes & see that I've made quite a good decision. Bought: $8k, total: $15k8, sold: $22k5.

Spycraft on Blaze: "Special Ops & saboteurs". Autonomous battlefield. There's a Storm Coming.

Blaze: Hitler's War: Stalingrad.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 11 November 2022, 22:47.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Overcast day out, but mild enough at 15°C and maybe reaching 16° in a bit. The barometers are up some more at 1014/1022mB

Comment

Going to give VMWare Workstation Player a try instead of Hyper-V and see if that behaves nicely.

Comment

Working...
                      X