• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The jab in my left arm went quite well. Hardly a mark.

My right, on the other hand…

TFSBZ, but not much sleep, I expect, given the swelling/bruising.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Even listening to The Sleeping Forecast didn’t help much.
      Time for a coffee and then out to do some gentle gardening in the warm, sunny November weather.

Comment

^^^ From my recent experience of being double jabbed, sleep would not have been easy.

Morning.

Blue sky.

Sunny.

Chilly in here at 15.8 deg, 17.5 deg in the kitchen, 15 deg in the leanto.

1013 mBar, 29.91 in Hg, 759.8 Torr, 14.69 psi, (down from 1016 last night), 77% RH.

Sunday.

The weather appears to be borked.

Meanwhile on the evening of 25th Feb 2019 the discussion seemed to concern the plot, assuming there is one, of 2 F 2 F and the quantity of food & booze I'd consumed earlier. I still have the plant I was given, though its been joined in the pot by two types of fern that self planted themselves.

Spent much of the morning searching for the zapper for the old tv, which I've Put Somewhere Safe, so safe, in fact, that it may never reappear.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese & baked beans, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of toast, 0.91*1.5 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in warmish sunshine.

The ongoing potching with the ancient Ferguson transistor radio continues with zero success so far.

I thought I had a x100 probe somewhere and it took a while to find it. There's less loading with a x100 than there is with a x10.

Tea: Mr Brains' faggots, some peach slices, a yog or two, 0.91*1.5 pints of good Glengettie tea. Which was pretty meh.

Entertainment: The shed thing: assorted ancient motor vehicles.

The NZ Motorway Patrol S3 E7. A Chinese chap who drives on the wrong side of the road. S3 E8: more of the same. In fact parts of it were identical with parts of E7. A Bit Odd really.

River Hunters. More nails and bent pennies. Colchester. Meet The Green Man. That duckweed's a right bitch. . Stirrup. Roman coin. 303 cartridges (one unfired). Towbar off a chelsea tractor. Shoe buckle. No nails this week.

Repair Shoppe: Rupert Bear, Chiming Clock (they had one of those next door in my long ago youth, IIRC it did the Westminster chimes), stereo viewer of wedding photos.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 13 November 2022, 23:28.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Another grey day out. Currently 12°C which is as good as it'll get, and the barometers are heading back down at 1010/1018mB

I just had a ripe-and-ready nectarine. Nice but not very filling, so now I'm trying to decide what to have for lunch

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            I just had a ripe-and-ready nectarine. Nice but not very filling, so now I'm trying to decide what to have for lunch
            A fish finger bap (red sauce) turned out to be just the thing

Comment

Wasn't sure when loony lady 1 was coming back from her sister's and phoned her just at the wrong time when she was coming back so naturally was asked to pick her up from the airport. Spent Tuesday afternoon putting up pictures for loony lady 2 and other old lady acquaintances at local exhibition. Always doing things for these old farts, why don't I ever get a bit of nudgy wink in return?

Spent last weekend at old uni mate's house last weekend, nice place near interesting bit of the Thames. Just been to local club for a drink.

PS Ages correcting spelling errors in above again. Oi Fizzy Knickers! When we going to be able to post on CUK by mumbling into a mic?
              Last edited by xoggoth; 13 November 2022, 16:53.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

(Late) afternoon all

This morning was a bit misty but dry and bright enough. The barometer was down to 1021 mBar. Brightened up as I drove south to Mum's and stayed dry and bright for the drive home. Barometer is now further down to 1016 mBar.

Having some salt and vinegar crisps (my current favourite being a crinkle cut variety from Seabrook). HWMBO has prepped some dinner and is making me a cocktail.

Comment

Tea: breakfast! A lovely big fry-up

Accompanied by Time Team, in which they're hunting the remains of the Coventry cathedral that was destroyed by Henry VIII

Comment

Right arm swelling reducing.

Drugs taken, now TFBSZ.

Comment

Sticking with the C4 app, later viewing was a couple of old episodes of 24 Hours in A&E

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X