• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Busy day at the coal face. HWMBO made a nice dinner and cocktails. Sky At Night and The Repair Shop were watched.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      TFBSZ.

Let’s see how tonight goes. Might be calling the doc in the morning.
      <- manly

Comment

The car earlier was a clip show

And I didn't pay much attention to the gold diggers either

Then the primary viewing of the evening was Rise of the Nazis S2E1 and S2E2. Not a lot of rising going on though; more freezing, in fact, as they were about the Eastern Front and the battles for Moscow and Stalingrad

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

<- manly
          Thanks. Before going out to work this morning, The WifeTM ran a few checks and her concern is lower than it was yesterday.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey rainy day out. Currently 11°C, maybe getting to 12° later, and the rain is expected to continue until mid-afternoon. The barometers are plummeting at 985/993mB

Comment

Morning.

Grey. Very very grey.

Wet, though no current precipitation.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Chilly in here at 15.7 deg, 17 deg in the kitchen, 14 deg in the leanto.

989 mBar, 29.2 in Hg, 741.8 Torr, 14.344 psi, (down from 995 last night), 77% RH.

Tuesday.

Back on 26th Feb 2019 I'd managed to survive "work", whereas NF was enjoying scotch broth & a bloomer, I was reduced to a can of spring wegetable soup and some bread due to the overnight upset, caused in part by excess (by my standards) of alcohol.

Sun's out. :

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the unexpectedly fine morning. TV Times purchased from the subpost office up the road.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese and baked beans, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of toast, red corner yog, 0.91*1.5 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y phonein for about 5 minutes before it exceeds my level of tolerance of nonsense & goes <click> the way it did yesterday.

Minor potching in the garden until the rain returned.

More potching with that Ferguson radio that refuses to work. Much measuring and calculating.

Tea: battered haddock, some pear halves, a yog or two, 0.91*1.5 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM.

Wheeler Dealers S15 E1 Ford Mercury Capri MkII with 2.8 litre carburretted Cologne V6. Bought: $4k. Total: $8k2. Sold: $8k.

Oddly Ant seemed to think the 2.8 Cologne V6 in Europe had non siamesed exhaust ports, which the Essex V6 did, and the 2.9L Cologne V6 did. The 2.8 V6 had siamesed ports.

Maigret 1962 S3 E12 "The Trap".

The Rookie S2 E17 "Control".

The Repair Shoppe.

The Phantom Signals thing on Blaze: numbers stations, The Buzzer, "someone" knocking on the outside of a Chinese space capsule.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 15 November 2022, 22:23.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Dull and wet. Much rain. Currently 13 degrees and that's the high for the day. The rain might clear up this afternoon. Barometer down to 997 mBar.

Comment

Lunch! To wit, a ham bap and a bag of plain crisps

And a bedding wash is on

Comment

Lunch was interrupted by a meeting to advise me that my role was not being extended next year as they are canning three projects (one of which I told them was a waste of $1.5m when it started)
                    With me going, that means there's probably a dozen or more permies going too - or vice versa, they are going, so there's no need for me. Lots of internal meetings going on this afternoon as they find out. I might go walk The DogTW when the weather improves
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The Met Office weather app didn't lie - the sun has come out. Reflecting off my monitor. I really ought to consider changing my desk layout.

Sadly, the rain is forecast to return in the next hour or two.

Comment

Working...
                      X