• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tea has been oniony chicken casserole with chips and peas

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      I like the Storyville format; no dramatic voiceover, just told via the people themselves and what I think is good editing.
      Yes, there's a lot of really good stuff from Storyville

Comment

Early evening viewing was S5E13 of ST:TNG, The Masterpiece Society (TV Episode 1992). Not a bad one, but nothing special really; they dodge the Prime Directive questions raised by the plot by making the people they're interfering with human

And then a new episode of Traffic Cops whilst dining

No more telly after that, but I resumed my reading of The London Cage in which the end of the war in Europe means they're now busy tracking down and interrogating war criminals.

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey day out after a rather windy night. The trees are still waving their arms around a bit. Currently 11°C, which it seems is the high for the day, and a chance of showers in the next hour, though reverting to just wind later. The barometers are down at 991/999mB though, so maybe some heavier weather is moving in

Comment

Cold, wet, and windy overnight. Brighter this morning, but still chilly.

I see that the Christmas sales have started... that should cheer up anyone who bought the last of their presents yesterday.

---

Former member of IPSE.

---
            Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Morning all

Bright but cloudy. A very fine rain is falling. Breeze rattling the windows. Currently 12 degrees ('feels like' 9) and it might get up to 13.

Next door's dog needs to be trained to not bark so much. That bloody rat just yaps all fecking day.

Comment

Morning all

Overcast and windy here, but me and MMtSH had an enjoyable perambulation earlier.

Back from a great week in Italy. Lots of skiing on empty slopes with good snow and blue skies every day. Possible slight overindulgence in fine Italian food & wine.
                Tomorrow is the last day of billing for the year, and between now and then I need to catch up on emails.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Thursday.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Grey.

Dry.

Very windy.

Chilly in here at 13.2 deg, 12.5 deg in the kitchen, 12 deg in the leanto, 12 deg in the saltinghouse.

1010 mBar, 29.825 in Hg, 757.56 Torr, 14.649 psi, (down from 1013 last night), 76% RH (GDR hair), 72% RH (Lidl electric).

Shortest day, longest night. Spring is on the way. .

Shirts in the WM.

Shirts out of the WM & pegged out on the line in a gale.

Smalls in the WM.

Meanwhile on the 8th of August 2019, for WTFH it was a fine day with high clouds.

Smalls out of the WM & pegged out on the line.

Cottons in the WM.

Shirts in off the line & finishing in the TD.

Cottons pegged out on the line.

10 minutes later: it's fecking raining.

Smalls in off the line & in the TD.

Cottons can stay out there.

Lunch: baked spud etc.

Entertainment: some guy waffling on about veganuary, followed by a thing about what killed Toys R Us: basically smart arses buying the business & loading it with debt. That always works so well, especially for those taking the dividends out.

Shirts duly iRoned & airing upstairs.

Freecell score: 0 (of 3), running average: 86%.

Smalls out of the TD and airing upstairs.

Cottons in off the line and finishing in the TD.

Walk (abbreviated) walked in the sunshine.

Cottons out of the TD & those requiring the iRon duly iRoned. I do like a nicely pressed tea towel.

Freecell score: 72%, running average: 86%.

Tea: chilli con carne etc.

Entertainment: PM.

Bits of Wheeler Dealers S9 The 1960s Ford Mustang one.

Freecell score: 79%, running average: 86%.

Bits of "A Christmas Carol" (1977) with Michael Horden.

Bits of A Ghost Story for Xmas: "The Treasure of Abbot Thomas (1974)".

First 20 minutes to half an hour of "The Killers (1964)" with that Lee Marvin chap, someone called Clu Galager, and an old actor's last film, some long forgotten chap called Ronald Reagan.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 22 December 2023, 09:18.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Just discovered that someone got themselves into my car and had a rummage about. The locking wheel nut key is now missing so now I'm concerned that someone is going to either (a) loosen off the nuts on the wheels so they come off when driving and I die or (b) just come back and nick the wheels.

Trying to see if anyone can replace the locking wheel nuts and issue a new key before I have to travel on Christmas Eve

Comment

Off I went to the opticians, where I was able to collect my new glasses and the spare pair which it seems sensible to have. Both of them work, so that's good

And as I was over that side of town, I went to see if a haircut was available without having to wait for ages. There was just one other customer, in the chair when I arrived, who turned out to be a bloke I know - he used to go to the same pub as me, being the one that was destroyed by DMU in 2009. He looks older now, though still a few years younger than me

After he'd left, the hairdresser pointed out that he'd recognised me after fourteen years, so I must hardly have aged in all that time. I'll take it

Onwards from there to M&S, where I got a couple of pairs of jeans, some of my old ones being a little the worse for wear now. I did try venturing into the Food Hall but it was absolute madness in there, so I beat a hasty retreat

And so over to Sainsbury's, which was extremely busy - so much so that the first free space I encountered in the car park was in the farthest corner from the entrance, round the side

Inside was manageable though, as I didn't really need a huge amount of stuff. I was mostly there to take advantage of Nectar prices on things like fancy biscuits and chocolates, and managed to do so

Lunch was a chicken leg from the tepid food counter, which was nice enough
                      Last edited by NickFitz; 21 December 2023, 14:43.

Comment

Working...
                      X